Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install SAP Passport certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I have an SAP logon and I want to get an SAP Passport Certificate. Everytime I apply for one on the website it returns an error message saying unable to apply for Passport and then it brings me to a page where it tells me which security settings I need to have enabled in my browser. I have all of the correct settings enabled in my browser. I have checked these several times so I know they are right. I am running IE 6.0.29 with SP2 but it is still unable to issue me a certificate. The weird thing is when I go to check my certificates in my browser it shows that the certificate is there. But when I try to access an SAP website it prompts me to use the certificate but nothing happens. The certificate does not work. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nancy,

Just confirm if this done:

In the menu bar of the Internet Explorer choose the following path:

Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level...

Set the following entries to Enable or Prompt:

Download signed ActiveX controls

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for script

This is from documentation for SSO.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Ruchit,

I do have those settings and still unable to get the passport to work. Please note that I had Windows 2000 on my machine and a working SAP passport. My machine was re-blasted with Windows XP. I re-applied for an SAP passport and now I am getting this error:

Enable 'Active X plugins' in the Internet Explorer:

Tools > Internet Options > Tab Security > Custom Level... > Mark Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins.

Click on Apply for SAP Passport again.

My desktop support folks have tried a number of things unsuccessfully.

Regards,

Nancy

0 Kudos

Hello Nancy,

Did you remove the passport and reapply for it again ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Yes I removed the passport using Tools -> Internet Options -> Certificates -> Remove. Everytime I attempt to create the certificate it appears in IE when I go to service.sap.com. But everytime I try and use the certificate I get the page cannot be displayed.

Regards,

Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We figured out what the problem was. A setting had gotten changed somewhere along the line so we renamed the NTUser.dat file and logged back in. Able to get SAP Passport to successfully install this time.

0 Kudos

Hello Nancy

I 've just received a new laptop for my job, and trying install passport (cerificates) in Interne Explorer in order SSO to SAP Service Marketplace I get the same errors that you.

Sap web page reports me an error applying passport.

But the passport is installed in my browser, but it doesn't work.

I tried severals times (deleting, and re-applying ) unsucessfully.

Curiously, after create a new user in my laptop, using this new user application of SAP passport works ok (!?)

But my default user and user Administrador, it doesn't work.

Could you tell me how can resolve this??

Thanks an regards

Javier

0 Kudos

I faced similar issues after having moved from XP to Vista.

IE7 wouldn't accept the creation of the SAP Passport (blaming some activex setting).

But here is a 3 steps workaround :

1. use Firefox to apply the SAP Passport and have a personal certificate generated

2. backup this personal certificate from Firefox (*)

3. import the backup into InterExplorer

SSO will now work if you use IE7 and log-on to the SAP Marketplace.

(*) If you want to apply for more than 1 SAP Passport, delete the personal certificate from Firefox - once you have done the backup.

0 Kudos

Thanks for this hint to use the firefox browser to get the certificate.

At the beginning if got problems to get the certificate with firefox 2.0.0.9. I always got a "server not found" response when i send the request.

When i tried to change the firefox setting "use TLS 1.0" (i´ve deactiviated it) then i got response from sap server and also the certificate.

Now i´am able to use SAP Passwort on Vista with IE7 and Firefox2... i´am happy about this

BR

Roland