cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display the view of an embedded component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am not successful in getting my embedded view to be displayed in the viewset of my "main" component.

1) Add Used Component -> Select the embedded component (Lifecycle = Manual)

2) Created a viewset in main from the Navigation Modeller, I chose "Embed Interface View of a Component Instance". Den I select the component to be embedded and selected next.

The final result only shows the view of my main component but does not shows that of the embedded view. May I ask what I have done wrongly ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct.

In the case of "CreateOnDemand" , webdynpro will takecare of creating the component whereas in the case of "Manual" developer needs to create the component in the code explicitly.

Again this depends upon your requirement.

Regards, Anilkumar

Message was edited by: Anilkumar Vippagunta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makesure that in the embededcomponent , you have a defaultwindow and inside a view with default as true.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anilkumar,

You are right once again. In my haste to test the app, I have totally left out the defaultwindow which explains the missing view. Meanwhile on this topic, will you be able to explain whats the difference between "manual" and "createOnDemand" for the lifecycle property ? Under what circumstance do I use them. Thanks alot.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think

createOnDemand will automatically create instance of the Component u r using whereas manual Process is u need to instantiate the component and manage its life Cycle process

u can check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/b21640dc88e769e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello krish,

"In the latter case, the image component is instantiated automatically by the Web Dynpro runtime environment as soon as the corresponding interface view is visible in the view assembly. Where Lifecycle = manual, the component interface view is only displayed in the view assembly when an active component instance exists for the component usage"

The above quote was lifted from the link that you have provede for my reference. Can I assume that in this case its usually recommended to use "createOnDemand" as WD takes care of everything ?

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is recommended to use the createOnDemand but see the recommendation is different and requirement is different.

But WebDynPro certailnly takes care of Managing your components on using createOnDemand.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/b21640dc88e769e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

if u r unable to see the Quote then go to help.sap.com and search for component Life Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

When u add teh UsedComponent select the lifecycle as CreateOnDemad .Then u will be able to see teh embedded view.

U have to write code if u say Manual to create and destroy the instance of the view

Reagrds,

Sowjanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After selecting "Embed Interface View of a Component Instance" , select the interface view from the wizard and click "Finish".

There will not be any change in the designtime.The view will be displayed only during runtime.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anilkumar,

I assume runtime = "Deploy new archive and run" ? I have already done that but when IE lauches, I am only able to see the view belongng to the main component but not the embedded component.

from

Kwok Wei