cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on processing the input files sequentially

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a scenario based on File to 3 RFCs i.e. the input file will have 3 different recordtypes and based on the value of the recordtype corresponding RFCs should be invoked.

The main criteria here is <b>the input files should be read in sequence (By Date) and should be sent to R/3 once the prior file is processed completely</b> i.e. the second / third / subsequent file <b>shouldn't create multiple instances</b> of the ABAP pgm.

Even if I use EOIO in the file sender adapter I suppose the second file will be sent to and processed by ABAP parallely if the first file processing consumes huge time. Please correct me if am wrong.

Also let me know if there is any way to achieve this .

Thanks in advance.

Saravanan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo / Prateek,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Udo - <i>No, i dont think so. It has to wait in the queue until first message is processed</i> -- <b>Do you mean that XI will not create multiple instances of the ABAP pgm??..</b>

Prateek - How do I <b>Activate/Deactive the jobs for Event-Driven Message Processing dynamically using a program??..</b> Bcoz I've to check whether the first file processing is over (say by checking a flag) in the R/3 side and then Activate the Job if so...so that the next file can be read..

Thanks,

Joe.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

>>>Do you mean that XI will not create multiple instances of the ABAP pgm??..

not at same time. Both adapter (file and RFC) support EOIO. The messages will be processed in the right sequence (like picked up).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo..

But how do we do set the QOS - EOIO for the RFC receiver adapter??..

Also does EOIO takes care of only the order of the data sent to SAP (R/3) or does it also ensures that the files are processed completely in R/3 i.e. say for example am sending 2 files (create PO and update PO) from XI to R/3 sequentailly..and to process first file (create PO) it takes close to say 1 hour..by the meantime will XI send the second file (update PO) to R/3??.. Or will it wait for R/3 to complete the first file fully and then post the second one to SAP???..

Thanks,

Saravanan.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

you put the same queue name in the sender adapter and then everything should work, the 2nd message has to wait for the first to be processed. You can check that out with a Z function module, where you put a WAIT order.

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

>>>Even if I use EOIO in the file sender adapter I suppose the second file will be sent to and processed by ABAP parallely if the first file processing consumes huge time

No, i dont think so. It has to wait in the queue until first message is processed.

Regards,

Udo