cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

My client has about 36 million acitivies that they want to be deleted/archived. Are there any tools that would do this ? What is the best way of doing it, if at all possible. Need direction.

Thanks,

Fasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Debasish, If the data in the old transactions could be needed in the future - you should use SARA and keep the archive.

Eyal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debashish and Eyal.

Faz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi,

If you feel the query is answered, can you please mark this as closed and assign points appropriately.

Thanks, Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am kind of new here, I have closed this case by choosing "Problem Solved" option. Not sure how to assing points. If I can, I will assign you all 100 points.

Thanks for your help.

Fasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I get to run an archiving activity for a XI system that has reached the full HD quota cuz of the messages, so, i was looking for some help about this issue and i found this thread. My question is, SARA transaction can archive old processed messages in the SXMB_MONI? if yes, somebody has made this task successful? if SARA doesn't work properly, is there another way to archive/cleanup the message history from DB?

Best regards,

Gerardo.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

you should post this question as a new topic because it is a new problem.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't worry mate, i've created a new topic.

Regards,

Gerardo.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

please provide a link to the new topic, so readers of this thread can help you also.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi.

I know that this thread is very old, but I am replying it because I would like to know if you ever set up the archiving? I am setting up archiving at the moment, and I am a little puzzeled about the BOR objects set up for control archiving customizing for the CRM_ACT_ON object. It seems that the SAP standard has set up a lot of irelevant BOR objects for the CRM_ACT_ON object, but it could also be that someone has changed it (eventhough I have no info in the chenge log). Well, my question is: Did you ever set-up the archiving for activities? If so, which BOR objects did you add? (Only tasks and activities?).

Thanks in advance.

Mia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi,

Well, i tend to differ a bit on the solution proposed by Eyal. Deleting the activities using the BAPI no doubt reduces the burden on the activity tables but at the sametime you also loose all this information permanently.

What i would propose is the use of the Archive Workbench (Transaction - SARA).

I already found an Archive object CRM_ACT_ON which can be used. So, you don't have to create your own Archiving object and the linked Read, Delete and Write programs.

This should make a lot of things easier for you like you don't have to worry about the dependent objects for the activities like the Long texts et al.

Also you can retive back all the data that has been archived.

You can find the details of how to use the Archiving workbench using the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/39/7ac81bff5ed74e87649b1368aad37c/content.htm

Please let me know if you get stuck in the entire process.

Thanks and all the best, Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a program to call function BAPI_ACTIVITYCRM_DELETEMULTI.

then you can control the time and which activities to

delete.

Eyal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eyal,

Thanks for getting back, do you have any program template or example I can look at ?

Fasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I don't have any programs since we decided not to do it.

What we considered was writing a program that will search activities that answer to a criteria (like user status, transaction type, date type value etc.) that we use function CRM_ORDER_READ to get and then use the

Activity.delete function to delete the result table.

A job executed this program periodically (like every month)

since we still have a lot in our number range for activities (and we know cycle is possible since transaction number is not unique)we have not developed the program.

Eyal.