cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport import quue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing a problem with transport import queue. So I hope somebody have an idée what’s wrong. When I make a transport on DEV, it appears in de import queue (I can see it in SAP and on OS level). After I refresh the import queue I still can see my transport on the OS level but it disappears in SAP.

The same happened when I tried with “tp addtobuffer….”. In the Import Overview screen I see that my transport is added to the queue. But when I go to Import Queue screen I got message that import queue is empty.

Strange is that I don’t get any error messages and in all log files I don’t see any errors.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that my problem is solved. I put all the systems in the landscape in the same transport group and now it works fine. Thank you for working with me on this and I hoope that I'll get chance to help you in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There're no filters and I checked the buffer and I'm getting the line # buffer cleaned on <DATE>.

I traced my actions and only what I see is "tp addtobuffer..." and "tp showbuffer". There is nothig like "tp delfrombuffer...".

tp and R3trans are both version 177.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the buffer log of your SID,

/usr/sap/trans/buffer/<SID> and check whether you are getting following line in the buffer of your <SID>

1. buffer cleaned on <DATE>

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manualy adding the transport to the queue is not working as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do one thing !!

stopsap

cleanipc <SNO> remove

startsap

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Might sound wierd .. Just check if you have not placed any filter in the import queue. If you find any kind of filter just remove it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used AL11 and I can find my transport(s) in /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofile and I'm able to read them. So there're no problems with file system and with permissions. On the file system I have enough space. It's like something isuee "tp delfrombuffer...." every time when I isuee "tp addtobuffer....". Very strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry that I was not more clear in my explanation. I make an transport on DEV, than I release the transport on DEV and I'm trying to import on QAS.

After this action I actualy see the transport on QAS in the Import Overview screen but when I go to the Import queue I dont's see any transports. ...and it is still in the buffer - I can see it in OS. Only in SAP I don't see a thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mustafa,

Can be an issue with mounts as well as file permissions as has been pointed out already to you.

Please check both the things.

Best thing is logon into QAS system and go to AL11. Then go to /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofile directories and check if you can find the data files and co files for the transports. If you are able to find then check if you are able to read the contents. If you can not find the files or are not able to read the contents then it is an issue with file permissions or mount.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen at times the Transport doesnot appear in the import queue even though its released, please add the request manually

Extras -> Other Request and add it.

then you can try to import to QAS.

Let me know if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

This can be considered to be last ditch solution but not really what you would like to do day out and day in. I mean what if you are releasing 100 transports in a day !!.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Agreed! But lets see if this actually works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found something. In the SLOG file I found warrning: " Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally." I have to investigate this. Thanx. If you have any suggestions pleas let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mustafa,

RDDIMPDP should not cause this issue. However once question. From your initial statement it looks like that you are trying to import the transport in development system. Please confirm this. Secondly in which system are you releasing the transport.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks the problem with trans directory.

Check the trans directory...

If it is unix check nfs mount ..and permissions

If it is windows .. check share permissions

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's UNIX and I checked nfs mount and the permissions. Everything seems to be OK. Even when I run the check on Transport Directory from SAP I get output that everything is OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Compare the files /usr/sap/trans on both hosts ... still I am concern on filesystem problem.

Regards

Ben