cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini SAP Installation

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I installed miniSAP that came vvith ABAP Object book (Horst Keller ). But i am unable to see some part in se80 , vvhere i can enter different development classes..

Rgards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still having problems getting the Mini SAP (Version from End of 2005 ) installed and cannot see my problem on the PC or in the forum.

The installation starts ( the 11 files are unpacked (?) und ran thru) and then the installation proper begins. Get thru to the R3SETUP - to 41% of it - then still stand (

Message "Currently there is no R3SETUP connected to theis wizard. Please start R3SETUP on your target maching with the following options -gkbs25:59595")

The logs say that some other process is sitting on certain files and stopping them from being processed

r3setup\INSTGUI.EXE

r3setup\INSTGUI0.DLL

r3setup\INSTGUI1.DLL

Is this important?

Do I have a MYSQL and / or GUI problem

System XP wit sp2

MYSQLServer is installed and running

The Installation just stops - no chance of continuing it

Can I somehow kick start it again and input the requested parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

On the 4.6D install 41% is where you need to change disks, to the second one.

There may be a problem restarting, because of the security features of WinXP SP2. Try copying the files Resume_Setup.bat and setup.exe to your C:\ drive, then double click Resume_Setup.bat.

I did not know that there was a miniSAP for MYSQL, MaxDB yes, but not MYSQL.

MattG

Former Member
0 Kudos

MattG - Hi, Thanks for the tip but didn't help. Falls over at same place. I mentionened the MYSQL because the system seems to be falling over at the point of installing the data base and I thought they might be connected:

Messages are:

Info: Building the Database

SAPCAR Could not open for writing C:/mbs/MBSDATA1.MDF <error 28>

The process cannot acceess a file that is being used by another process/application(?) {Not word perfect as I have translated it from the German]

- Then in English again

Error EXTRACTDB ExecuteCheck:0

Exitcode from SAPCAR.exe: 28

Error EXTRACTDB InternallInstallationDo:0

Phase failed

Error EXTRACTDB InstallationDo:0

Phase failed

Error Main[]

Installation aborted

Is it possible that I have somethingelse running which

is blocking one of the files? (Like now a "shot-to-pieces" installation?)

It shouldn't matter having the two CDs in two different drives D/E? The installation suggests this and I just confirm it

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ended up helping myself by assuming that the installation must have broken off somewhere so that something was blocking it on the PC / in the system somewhere. Deleted everything to do with SAP - using the uninstall SAP MBS, then deleting what rests I could find on the desktop and then clearing out all the REMAINING !!!!! registry entries for SAP. Despite having deinstalled, they were still there. SO be careful here.

After that - then I restarted with a fully new installation and that then went through

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed minisap 4.6 and gui 6.20 again, but the html error remains. It seems that everything else is working fine. So, I will accept it as it is, since I can navigate using the Select Objects button. It's not nice, but for me it is ok. One advatage is that this installation needs not so much memory space...

Many thanks for your help, in anyway!

Johannes

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem with Mini SAP, but i don't think that it is concerning the version of SAP GUI.

SE80 calls the program <b>SAPLWB_INITIAL_TOOL</b>, and when you browse it, there is :

<i>INCLUDE LWB_INITIAL_TOOLTOP. " Global Data</i>

In <b>LWB_INITIAL_TOOLTOP</b>, there is :

<i>constants:

c_url_info_channel(255) value

'http://workbench.wdf.sap-ag.de:1080/external/infochannel.html'.</i>

It is maybe the source of our problem.

0 Kudos

Oh, I said stupidities.

Forget my preceding message.

I deleted SAP GUI, and replaced it by SAP GUI of Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 (the link : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweave...

And then, it solved my problem of this HTML error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johannes

The problem with the missing sub-screen in SE80 is due to a security patch in windows (SP1) affecting the supplied GUI (4.6D (MBS)). Try and get a new GUI of at least 6.20. It is wise to uninstall the old GUI before installing the new. I looked at this in November 2003, under my other ID 'Matthew Gifford'.

The transport system for mini system MBS (4.6D) does have a few problems for imports. If you look at my (MattG) note on installing LSMW on MBS (SAPfans.com or SearchSAP.Techtarget.com, + other copies) you can see what you need to do to correct this.

MattG

Message was edited by: gifford matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right! I already installed Test Drive 6.40 on the Linux partition of my notebook. I need another system to test RFCs or just use it for simple test programs under windows for training purposes.

The reason why I wanted to change from 4.6 to 6.20 is, that I corrupted the 4.6 when I installed the Transport System. I clicked on yes when he asked about deleting the TMS tables (I was to fast) and unfortunately I don't have a backup.

Then I installed minisap 6.20 and received the html-control error in SE80 which is now also in 4.6. That's the story.

In the OSS I couldn't find an answer.

Hope you have another idea to solve this problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to do a complete manually clean up of registry and file system (GUI, MiniWAS) and a reboot then do the install again.

If the info I've been reading is right then problem is that you have a mix of the two in there still.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, I decided to step back to Minisap Rel4.6. I used it before I wanted to change to 6.20. But now also in version 4.6 the html-control in SE80 is not working. So there must be a problem with windows.

Do you have an idea were in windows the html-control is defiend? Maybe a link to the control is deleted?

I already compared all BSP-related registry entries with another running system. I also added the path to the MBS-directory (in DOS-window) as you suggested. ... but no success ...

I hope that I don't have to reinstall the complete Windows XP...

(I heard the Transport System in Minisap 4.6 is not working correct. Can you confirm?)

Thanks for your help!

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the ABAP/Java version of the 6.40 is available I'm not bothered to go back to the 4.6 version my work was all done on the 6.20 and hopefully soon I'll get to the 6.40.

To be honest, the controls are OCX controls but I can't understand why it may not be working, have you tried searching the OSS? http://service.sap.com/notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) The SP level is 24.

b) the loopback adapter is installed:

127.0.0.1 SAMSUNG

c) under RZ10 I can select 3 profiles:

BSP_DVEBMSGS00_P72367

START_DVEBMSGS00_P72367

If I select DEFAULT and the check-button:

Message "Server p72367_BSP_00 is not active" appears

If I click the change button, the displayed path is

c:\usr\sap\BSP\SYS\DEFAULT.PFL

but this path is not in the system and I cannot find a

directory called profile in the MiniWAS path.

The name of the Database Host is SAMSUNG.

(the brand of my notebook)

Many thanks,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out these weblogs:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/06/mini-me-of-webas-620

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues

Also you will have to change your path location to your MiniWAS main directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another question:

When I set up the transport system as described in the installation manual, I executed program ZR3_TMS_CONFIG an received the message: "Error configuration domain controller".

Were can I set the domain name as discribed in the manual: "When using BSP please secure that your local system is configured with a domain name like <p123456.domain>".

Thanks,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

RZ10 and STMS should be the two places you need to configure everything, also make sure your MS Loopback is in place or you are on a local network and be sure your system is listed in your "services" and "hosts" file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig, I installed SAPGUI 6.40 and also reinstalled Minisap 6.20, but the decribed error of the HTML control in SE80 remains.

Is it maybe a problem of the browser configuration? Or do I need to install a patch?

It would be great, if you have an idea to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely you will need to install the current SP's for the system. Which SP level is yours on now the default 24 or 26 or higher?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m getting this error during license installation.

Please help me out in this regard

****saplicense <release 46d> error****

**Error: Can not set DbS1 trace function

Details: Dbs1Control<DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET> failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> <e.g. ora>

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> <e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a very simple but basic problem of Windows XP SP 2. This version of windows does not support default Java Applets. The error of SE80 is related to this feature of Service Pack 2.

To resolve this issue you may pick any of the following:

1. Install self configuring front end of mini sap netweaver. This front end has inbuilt patches for applet support.

2. Install SAP 7 frontend from this website. It is now available for download.

Either of the above will resolve your problem.

All the best!

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I also have the problem that after a new installed Minisap 6.20 the HTML control to select the package in SE80 is not working: "Diese Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.."

Where can I download SAPGUI 6.40 or is there another solution?

Thanks for your help,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com

From there you can get to the GUI to download it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem with you. Hopefully it is just resolved. I'd like to share with all.

It is the problem of SAPGUI. You can install a new version of it. I got a version of SAPGUI640. After installaiton it is all OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend everyone download the newest ABAP/Java stack preview edition here from SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SE80 if you choose Package from the drop down list then you can hit the arrow and it should pop up with a list of avialable maybe a * then the arrow.

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanku for your Information, The actual problem is the place vvhere u enter development class or any objects ( command line) It is not appearing in that place its giving a dsn error and asking me to check for the connections...

I am facing the same problem if tried to see any technical documentation , abaphelp t-code also..

Regards,

HariCharan Dingari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the 610 or 620 System?

0 Kudos

> Is this the 610 or 620 System?

hovv to find that? I am using the one vvhich came vvith "ABAP Objects -an introduction to programming sap applications- horst keller'.

can I have your mail id so that i can send you some sample screen, vvhich eases the problem...

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say that it's the 610 version then. You should really check out this <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues on he 620 version and get that one to work with.

As for my email it's located in my "Business Card" just click on my user name in the forum and from there you can get my "Business Card".

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I have one more doubt, I am unable to open catt transactions i.e scat and scem transaction in the minisap system ( 4.6d vvrsion).

Plz can u solve this problem.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry never tried the Mini 4.6d system however not every transaction is in place in the preview editions.

0 Kudos

Iam using miniSAP edition that came withi ABAP Objects book by Horst keller.

Regards,

HAri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know which one you are using but it's a "MINI" edition meaning not everything is there.

AND since I've not used it before I can't tell you about those transactions.

What error are you receiving?