cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Label change the Text depending of the locale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a dynamic UI (some InputFields with Labels). The development is in American English. I have create resource name in the xlf-Files. For American English and for German. I set the text of the label by the dynamic creation of the label.

If I try to get the label texts in english I get always the text of the creation one but not the german one. The other texts of the UI-elements are right, which I have translate to german.

It looks like that it is not possible to create UI-Labels for international using.

Any idea.

regards

Gunter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunter,

try to take that label in Message Pool,make it translatable & then try.I hope it will work.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

you are absolutly right !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is create simple types based on Strings and create context attributes of these types. Then you can bind these to your inputfields. While creating simple types, open the "Representation" tab. There under "Text Objects", declare the text under "Field Label". This will be the label of the inputfield and you don't need to create any explicit labels for the inputfield. You will also see a checkbox called "Translatable". Check that and you can make your simple types locale and language dependant.

Regards,

Satyajit.