cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SMPIOException] in Download Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Download Manager won't download files from the Download Manager basket any more! The DM is attaching to the SAP Service Marketplace OK and populating the basket, but when I try to download I get the error [SMPIOException] Unable to read data from the SAP Service Marketplace: Check your settings and try again.

The DM version is the latest and I have the recommended Java version on my desktop - does anybody have a solution to my problem? This seems to affect my colleagues as well, by the way.

Thanks,

Paul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi

i could not make clear idea with this error msg "SMPIOException "

i can understand IOException what is SMP ? is this anything related to sap SID like sol man prd

as you said you can see objects in DM, then it means there is not connectivity or configuration problem.

can you tell which one you are trying to download

Regards,

navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Simply disable the Firewalls and restart the program (SAP Download Manger)... the problem will be solved!

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check SAP download manager configuration,

View -> Download Manager configuration

you must use:

address: http://service.sap.com

Username: S000xxxxxxx

to get more help, click on the last tab ADVANCED and click om TRACE EVENTS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply. We have been trying for the past week to download files with no joy, regardless of whether we are trying to download files individually or collectively. I have a message open with SAP but they are being very slow with responding (I have now called to speed things up) but I was hoping someone in the wider SAP community may have come across a similar problem.

Regards,

Paul.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can download nicely without problems...

Did you check if name resolution works from your side? You use a proxy server?

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMP had intermittend issues in the last few days - just wait half a day and try again.

Can you donwload them manually if you click on an entry on the download basked?

--

Markus