cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with Webmethods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. How XI is going to communicate with WebMethods? Is there any specific adapter for communicating with webMethods in XI?

2. Can we use standard communication methodology to communicate with webMethods ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog by and Article by my colleague Abhy that describes the WB - XI Integration.

WebMethoads has provided a XI Adapter that can be plugged into WM and can be used to trigger calls to XI,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/a%20case%20stud...

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen the blog before, but iam talking from xi point of view not from webmethods point of view.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your webmethods is going to use the XI adapter in its landscape then XI will use the XI Adapter to push the data to WM_XI adapter.

If your client is not willing to use the WM_XI adapter , you would need to use HTTP / SOAP adapters.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you are right bhavesh our client is not recommending WM_XI adapter, can u please tel me in detial how we are going to use these HTTP / SOAP adapters.

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

If the service available at Webmethods side, get WSDL file from WM and consume it in SAP XI server. Use SOAP adapter at receive side.

Else service available at SAP xi side. ( generate WSDL file from SAPXI) and give it to WM . WM will consume that wsdl file. Use SOAP adapter at sender side.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vikram

Initially WEBMethods and SAP colleborated and created a joint venture product called SAP Business Connector.Then SAP Created its own middlewear called XI.

Webmethods have set of adapters to connect with SAP so at present there is no direct connection between SAP XI and webmethods.

They both access SAP tables using RFC and IDOC.

go through this thread..it gives diff bet XI and webmethods,

THis gives how XI gonna communicate with Webmethods,

I hope upto some extent i clears your query

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>