cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode RFC Communication from .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get the SAP .NET Connector 2.01 to generate a SAP proxy that is works with a Unicode SAP system (ECC 6.0). The Sap.Connector.Rfc.dll is only compiled against librfc32.dll and not librfc32u.dll so it seems that the .NET connector doesn't support unicode at all.

When I try to connect to SAP ECC 6.0 with a proxy that is generated against the same system I get an exception. This is from the dev_rfc.trc file:

"RfcInstallStrucure2: field 5 (CREDIT_MTH, t:2, l:12) offset 0 too small"

"SAP error code : TSV_TNEW_ENTRY_ZERO_LENGTH"

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards

Torkel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_bennett
Explorer
0 Kudos

According to thread

the best bet is to regenerate the proxies from a connection to a unicode system

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torkel,

the SAP .NET Connector works fine with unicode systems. Have you tried to set SAPCodepage? In the docu of the connector you will find the following:

public string SAPCodepage [ get,set ]

Optional - the codepage to use (for example .

4103). Code page 4103 is Unicode (UTF16). If

the SAP system you are communicating with is

not Unicode (for example release 4.6 Kanji)

you may need to change this value

Hope this helps,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. The problem was that I can not find any place in the properties for the server (in the server explorer) where I could set the codepage. So the proxy that the connector generator did not include the length2 and offset2 attributes. But when I used logon settings from saplogon.ini it worked and I did get the length2 and offset attributes and the generated proxy now works fine.

Best Regards

Torkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

This is a great answer, but I don't know where to set this property. In Visual Studio with the SAP.NET connector 2.0.1 everything is graphical in the designer and the 'code page'-property does not seem to be one of the displayed properties.

Can you let me know how to set this property? The idea is to retrieve data from unicode R3 systems and sometimes use unicode in the target systems while in other case set another language page for the same target system.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torkel,

This property is of SAPServer class which is used in SAP RFC Server programming model. That's why you are not able to find it.

However, just read this thread

Hope you query will be resolved.

Regards.