cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical component in SolMan using SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is a logical component and why is it necessary. Why do we create that in our solman system for the landscape.

Also i was going through one tutor in rkt-solman link for creating logical component. It shows for a r/3 system. Is the same selection valid for the Netweaver component also.

Help required and shall be appreciated as well.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Logical Components represents a system inside a "diagram" of a customer's system landscape. If you have business processes across two different ERP, one CRM and one BI system, each of the four systems must be identified as a logical component.

Each Logical Component consists of "real" systems with different system roles like development, quality assurance of production system with SIDs. E.g. the SIDs of your Logical Component "CRM" could be C11 (development), C12 (quality assurance) and C13 (production). In addition other system roles could be added to your Logical Component.

The base for all operations in Solution Manager for Operations (ta DSWP) is the so called Solution Landscape. Per Solution Landscape you put together the SIDs of ALL Logical Components for ONE system role (e.g. all quality assurance systems of the four Logical Components mentioned above).

Hope it helps, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply.

One thing is while i create a new system with assistant, and select the product as netweaver and proceed it asks me to select the main instance. What is this main instance. Say for me the system i am adding is the one having J2ee engine and portal plus trex on it. It doesnot have the ABAP instance. So what should be my selection. Should it be only WebAS Java or java + portal + trex.

Secondly what i did was i selected java and EP and Trex and proceeded. It didn't give me the option of entering the System Number and Message Server. In the next screen the only option i had was to assign logical component. If i select the box then it asks for client but the box for client is disabled.

Don't know what to do. Also RFC anyway is required. In such a case what should be the case. How should i create those RFC's and what RFC's are required for the same.

Lot of questions. Hope to get the detailed reply.

Answers will be rewarded nicely.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mantosh,

short tip: don't use the assistant, create your systems manually or - way better - use the SLD. When you create them manually, you've a better view of all the data to enter. WHen you use SLD (on local system, transaction RZ70) you don't have to enter any data at all...you just have to assign a logical component and create RFCs afterwards.

Regards,

Pascal

Answers (0)