cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy tool connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

want to know the root cause and solution for the following problem.

I have installed NetWeaver 2004s on my machine.After starting the system through sapmmc,am able to log on as administrator,admin(user ID) in portal as well as NetWeaver administrator.

But in deploy tool when I tried to connect to host,it was displaying user id as admin and asking password.

If I give the same password which I have used for portal log in, it is not accepting.The following error message was displayed.

ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [localhost] with user name: [admin]

Check your login info.

Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

localhost:50004 Reason: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.1.232 and port: 50004]

Regards,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the "deploytool" is historical (version 6.20) and should not be used, use SDM instead.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Markus,

Thanx for your suggestion.

Thanks,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you mean SDM by "deploy tool"? That's the "RemoteGui.bat" you execute in directory /usr/sap/<system ID>/<instance>/SDM/program.

You need the password of user SDM there - this was defined during the installation.

Regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanx for your reply.

I am facing the problem while executing deploytool.bat which is present in

/usr/sap/<system ID>/<instance>/j2ee/deploying/deploytool.bat which is not SDM

Regards,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaguru,

deploy tool is new for me, so I checked mine (but that's AIX instead of Windows). When starting, it doesn't ask for user or password, but displays the following:

ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /usr/sap/I86/JC01/j2ee/deploying/../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar

ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /usr/sap/I86/JC01/j2ee/deploying/../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar

ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /usr/sap/I86/JC01/j2ee/deploying/../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar

ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /usr/sap/I86/JC01/j2ee/deploying/../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar

ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /usr/sap/I86/JC01/j2ee/deploying/../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar

So I think it uses the user Administrator which is also entered in the secure store of the system.

Maybe you changed the Administrator's password without changing it in the secure store? Try setting it to the actual value in the configtool (under secure storage => /admin/password/<SID> ), restart the engine and try again.

Also check if you have installed the SAP Cryptographic toolkit (normally done during the installation). You can check this using the Visual Admin, Dispatcher => Libraries => core_lib

there should be iaik_jce.jar instead of iaik_jce_export.jar

Best regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have checked the two things you mentioned but still facing the same problem

Regards,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try opening config tool.

Go to secure store in config tool and update admin/host/<SID> with you current portal server host rather than local host and try this again.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what do you mean by current portal server host ?

is it name of the localhost?

Thanks,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i mean to say is that for admin/host/<SID> entry the value should be the host where your WAS server is installed. Give the fully qualified domain name of the server as the value instead of local host.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith