cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploy tool connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

want to know the root cause and solution for the following problem.

I have installed NetWeaver 2004s on my machine.After starting the system through sapmmc,am able to log on as administrator,admin(user ID) in portal as well as NetWeaver administrator.

But in deploy tool when I tried to connect to host,it was displaying user id as admin and asking password.

If I give the same password which I have used for portal log in, it is not accepting.The following error message was displayed.

ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [localhost] with user name: [admin]

Check your login info.

Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

localhost:50004 Reason: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.1.232 and port: 50004]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change the password of SDM which should be same as the password of the administrator then you will be able to login into the SDM.

Since the SDM Server offers you functions that you can use remotely, they must be protected

from unauthorized use. For this reason, the SDM requires remote users to authenticate

themselves with a password. The default shipped password is sdm. You can change this

password in the following ways:

• Pushbutton in the remote GUI

• changepassword command

<b>sdm changepassword sdmhome=<...> newpassword=<...> [password=<...>]</b>where

• newpassword: New password

• password: Old password. Since 6.30 SP5, this parameter has been set optional so

that the password can be changed without reference to its current value. If this

parameter is specified, its value will be ignored.

Hope this help

Rewards point if solve u r problem

Swapnil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>The following error message is received when incorrect J2EE Engine Security credentials are used and an online deployment process has been performed</b>

Currently there are two places in which the J2EE Engine administrator’s password is stored:

1. User store – managed by the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator

2. File system secure store (SecStore.properties) – managed by the Config Tool.

If the password is changed in the user store, it has to be changed in the file system secure store as well.

Proceed as follows:

1. Using the Config Tool, set the correct J2EE Engine security credentials.

After you have performed the steps mentioned above, try to start the deployment process again.

regards,

kanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have checked the two things you mentioned but still facing the same problem

Regards,

Balaguru Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use of SDM instead of deploy tool since you are using SAP WAS 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gopal,

thanks for your suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the password to login to SDM. Check if you are able to login and if u succeed, try to deploy something. If there is any authentication issue it should fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all check if the port 50004 is listening ....