cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special char Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using RFC sender adapter for sending data from R/3 to XI.

While data is reaching from R/3[4.6 c ] to XI[PI 7.0 Netweaver 2004s] getting conversion for special characters.

For & it is & #38;

For # it is & #16;

I believe t his conversion is according to char set ISO/IEC 10646.

I am not able to find out the exact reason for the same. But due to & #16 ; its forming invalid xml and we are getting error in Mapping.

Need Experts help to find the reason and place for conversion and solution to this problem.

Regards,

Kavita

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my tests (XI 3.0 SP19) the # sign is not transferred into an escape sequence. Are you sure, that there is really a # sign? The ASCII code 16 is a non-printable sign. I have tested as well an XML with & #16; which does not make any trouble at all, jut the & #16; is represented as a like any non-printable sign.

What I think is following: The RFC sends an non-printable sign, which is represented as #. Could you check this?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RFC sends an non-printable sign, which is represented as #. and that char is  [square], this forms invalid xml and interface is failing. I faced this problem in quality system and was difficult to convince business people about this problem, but when we edited the record and removed this symbol, interface is working fine.

Thanks alot fot the inputs from all.

Regards,

Kavita

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Was this error encountered recently? Has the RFC been changed?

Try to make some dummy changes on the sender RFC adapter and then re trigger the interface.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Interface goes into error if its contains # input string, else it gets executed successfully.

-Kavita

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kavita

In the CC you give the file type and encouding type as UTF-8. I think it will works out.

Let me know if any errors occured..

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I am using RFC sender. in input payload i get this conversion.

-Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would suggest trying with UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you check with

UTF-32

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With UTF-32 and ISO-8859-1 as well xml is not well-formed. Same Error invalid character code 16

-Kavita

Message was edited by:

Kavita Laddha