cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I created RFC destination in source R3 system pointing to XI server, here I gave the logon parameters of XI server in R3 system. I could able to connect to XI from R3.

Now I am sending an idoc from R3 to xi thru we19 tcode, I saw the status in sm58, there it says that transaction recorded and then name or password is incorrect. But with the same logon parameters i could able to connect to xi server.

what is the problem?

Plz share ur ideas.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ravi

check if this user Id and password is a Log on / Dialog User in your R3 system. You can do this in SU01 in the R3 system. Remote Log On will not work for Service User Id's.

Next, Make sure that the Current User is not selected in the RFC destination.

A Test Connection does not check for user credentials. It checks only for the connectivity.

Also, go to IDX2 in XI and try to import the IDOC metadata and see if you are able to do the same.

Have you checked the case of your username and password? Your 2004s may be set to case sensitive..

Just try by giving the username and password in CAPS...

and also once check in XISERVER whether the user is dialog user or not...

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Small correction..

<i>check if this user Id and password is a Log on / Dialog User in your R3 system. You can do this in SU01 in the R3 system. Remote Log On will not work for Service User Id's.</i>

Remote logons work for service users 2. Remote logon doesnt work for system user.

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks all for throwing some new light on this.

Source R3 system user id is dialog user.

XI system user id is also dialog user. Bcoz of this I could not able to connect to XI from R3. am I correct?

If I give service user id parameters in R3 RFC destination, then I can connect to XI. right??

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ravi

The following help doc should clear your doubts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/51/ee184181ccd349e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No for both the cases.

You can login remotely using service & dialog users

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assinged service authorisation role to the userids, even then it says Name or password is incorrect.

Please guide me here.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sending IDOCS from R/3 to XI? If so, you need a RFC detination of type <b>3</b>. If you have done this, try to test the connection in R/3 using the remote logon option. This should be success.

If you get a error here, maintain the User Id and Pwd in all capitals.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have created destination of type 3 and could able to connect to remote logon. This is success.

when trying to push idoc from r3 to xi, then it says name or password is incorrect.

ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Then the only reason I see for this error is you are using a different RFC destination in the port used for this IDOC transfer. Check the RFC destination specified in the port defenition in WE21.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the user is locked

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

No, the user is unlocked, if it is locked then it is giving the status in SM58 as Password is locked-too many attempts failed.

With the same logon parameters I could able to logon to xi server.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

Why dont you try this?/

Enable the "Current User" check box in we19 and manually reenter the username and passwords.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I could not able to see current user checkbox in we19 tcode.

Plz guide me where it is.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,,

it is SM59 --> RFC destination,

not we19

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I tried with current user but no luck.

I observed one more, while trying to send idoc from we19 - after giving data, a window for remote logon screen for xi server is opening in which the userid is some thing different what I gave in R3 server rfc destination parameters. Is this creating prblem?

Hope I am clear.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the problem

Did you manually renenter the password after enabling the checkbox??

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am manually entering the password after checking the checkbox.

Also, after creating RFC destination in R3 when I am connecting to remote logon there also it shows some other username which is not same as i gave in logon parameters.

in R3 system, i gave rfc destination as ABC ( i am not giving the exact names).

logon parameters: EN/001/TESTUSER/PASSWORD.

connection is ok, while clicking on remote logon a window opens with the parameters 001/ABC/empty password field. Here ABC, I gave as RFC destination.

If this is the problem, how to resolve.

Ravi.