cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I patch the local Developer Workplace?

0 Kudos

I downloaded SPSTACK 11. For local workplace installations can you just "Apply SPSTACK11" or do you need to open the folder to reinstall the Workplace SP11. SPSTACK11 install document is not clear.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to install Support Packages, you need to download it from Service Marketplace using Solman for approve all items, then use SDM or JSPM to install SPs in AS Java. I'm installing SP16 and works fine.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Helmut, I appreciate your prompt response.

My laptop has 1 gig of memory and the patch ran for 2 hours. What has been your experience? Does it vary a lot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you are upgrading NWDS SP9 to SP11, 512MB of RAM is sufficient.Generally it will take 10 min to upgrade.i doubt is your NWDS sp9 is full fledged, have you downloded exact SP11 installer.

I personally upgraded existing SP9 to SP11.

Hope this helped you!!

Regards,

RK

:P.S Consider rewarding suitable points if the given info helped you!!!

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Venkat

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

if you talk about the Web AS you can simply "Apply SPSTACK 11".

I always download the newest SP from SMP and do an upgrade (apply SP). This normally works fine.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about the NetWeaver Developer Studio, you unpack the SAR file (JIDE11.SAR) and run the installer on your development machine (<your unpack folder>\J2EE-RUNT-CD\IDE\JDTsetup.exe). It will take care of the upgrade from SP9 to SP11 for you.

-r