cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

while difining output type we have to give the option regarding time. in time there r four options but i could not understand the third option which is SEND WITH APPLICATION. so any body can explain with example

will reward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time 3 means:- The message is selected and processed by application specific programs. Processing can take place online or in the background.

So if you are using any program for sending the output with a program which can be run in foreground or background by scheduling for a particular time and date;then you use this time type as 3.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to use the Third option for time i.e 3 - SEND WITH APPLICATION. When we use this option, at any point of time we can go to the output & take the print as per requirement. Incase of manual control for output, it is recommended to maintain time as 3.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Option 3, is almost similar to Option1only. Option1 is selected where the output trigger has to be finished in background mode using the program RSNAST00. If we select the option as 1 and then try to process such an output using program otherthan RSNAST00, then those outputs will not be processed.

On the otherside, if we select option3, it cannot be processed by RSNAST00 during background mode, If we have to process those outputs in background mode, then there are programs meant for triggering output, specific to the application. For example for outputs related to orders, the program name is SD70AV1A. Similarly for delivery outputs the program name is SD70AV2A.

So option 3 will be processed only by these application specific programs, and not just by RSNAST00.

Though this difference makes no significant impact on the system, they will play major difference based on the scenarios during which we create and process outputs.

Pls assign reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

can u pls tell me what is the difference between PROGRAM AND FORM ROUTINE WITH example. i have seen in F1 help but could not understand.( i am confused that program has form routine and program calls form routine is it right? pls explain )