cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial configuration steps in SLD ,IR !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are developing Idoc to file,RFC to file(Multiple) (SAP HR to file) scenarios.

what are the initial configuration steps we need to do in SLD and IR?As I mentioned above ,we have to give out flat file to two different file system, then do we need to create two SWCVs for third party file systems in SLD or just one SWCV is enough and create two TSs and BSs?and in IR can we just develop XI objects under same SWCV once after importing from SLD?

thank you,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Babu

Here are the Initial steps in sld, IR for IDOC to file Scenario.... Follow the steps...

<u>Maintain the Sender R/3 System</u>

Create a RFC Destination to XI using the Tcode SM59

Create a TRFC Port and specify RFC Destination created above using the TCode WE21

Create the partner profile for Inbound and Outbound Parameters using WE20

<u>Maintain the Receiver XI System</u>

Create the RFC Destination for sender system using SM59

Create the port to get IDOC Metadata from Sender System using the Tcode IDX1. Here the Port name we are given and port name in the IDOC header will be identical.

Maintain the IDOC Metadata using the Tcode IDX2.

<i>Integration Builder (Design)</i>

Import the IDOC in the Imported Objects

Create the Datatype for the XML file Receiver say for example the datatype will be Vendor_Master_DT

Create the Message Type for the Vendor_Master_DT say for example the Message Type will be Vendor_Master_MT

Create Message Interface for the Vendor_master_MT. Here we are creating 3 intefaces.

Vendor_Master_MI -> Inbound, Asynchronous, Vendor_Master_MT

Vendor_Master_MIAA -> Abstract, Asynchronous, Vendor_Master_MT

Vendor_Master_IDOC_MIAA -> Abstract, Asynchronous, IDOC

Create the Message Mapping to conver Outbound type of IDOC into Abstract type so that they can collect it in our BPM as follows. Say for example the Message Mapping will be Vendor_Master_MM

Create the Interface Mapping say for example Vendor_Master_IM

Create the Integration Process to Collect IDOCs to one place and after the specified time interval it will be posted to XML file in some specific format.

Add the Container Variables say

COLLECT : AI, Vendor_Master_IDOC_MIAA

INPUT : AI, Vendor_Master_IDOC_MIAA

OUTPUT : AI, Vendor_Master_MIAA

RECEIVE STEP is used to receive the IDOCs

APPEND STEP is used to append the IDOCs

RECEIVE BLOCK is used to receive all the IDOCs

The loop for receiving the messages is defined as an infinite loop

A receive Step is defined in the loop to receive the Messages that ends the process Save and activate the change list.

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish & Raj,

thank you for your comments.

Satish,that was a good blog,I have save both parts 1&2.thx

Both:

you guys mean just create one SWCV and create two TSs and BSs for file systems and import that one SWCV into IR and create two name spaces for two different recieving file systems?

thx

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

Yah, create two namespaces one for IDOC to File and the other one RFC to File.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ofcourse Idoc going to come under the stadard SAP namespace when we import right.so no need to create name space for that.

I am talking abuot File sytems,I was asking whether to create two Name spaces as I have two different file systems or just one?

thx.

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

Don't consider File systems in IR, juz create the reqd DT,MT, etc.. under one namespace , in case of ID create two scenarios. This is my point of view.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

I would suggest to create one namespace for every interface.

Lets take example Idoc-XI-File You have to send the file to two systems.

Now create:

One Namespace for the scenario. Import the Idoc. One target DT and MT. Two inbound interfaces which has the Target MT attached to it. One outbound interface with Idoc in it. One message mapping and one interface mapping.

In ID import the three business systems one for SAP R3 and two for the files. Create two file receiver communication channels for the two file systems. Create two receiver agreements. In receiver determination give these two as receivers. Create two interface determinations. Thats it.

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

<b>SLD settings</b> : R/3 System - 1 BS&TS

File System - 1 BS&TS

SWCV - For a particular scenario I won't suggest you to create SWCV, instead you can create namespace in SWCV and associate this to TS, if you already have SWCV in IR. If you don't have SWCV in IR create new and follow the same.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i><b>we have to give out flat file to two different file system,</b></i>

Create one product and attach a technical system for this product. Also create two business systems because you want to send two systems.

Do all the steps in IR and ID use two receivers in your receiver determinations. So two receiver communication channels and two receivers agreements.

Also check this weblog for the steps in SLD:

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

---Satish