cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Owner of the Oracle Database to SAP<SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was Installaing ECC 6.0 SR1 on Oracle 10.2 and HP UX 11.23 . The Installation stopped in between due to some errors.I was in ABAP Import Phase.

After That I found that theENV varaibles were point the Schema to SAPSR3 but my SID was EC6 . I change the Environment variable dbs_oracle_Schema = SAPEC6 and then restarted but still the Owner of the database is SAPSR3 .

I confirmed this as all the table's owner is SAPSR3 (when I run the SQL Select Owner , Table_Name from DBA_TABLES;)

I have checked the Listenaer.ora , sqlnet and tnsnames files and have the entries as EC6 . Listener Status also shows Ssystem as EC6.

Even when i run BRTOOLS it gives me the Error that -

BR0824E Owner SAPEC6 not found in database or not SAP owner

Please help me to change the Owner of the database.

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The SAPSR3 user is the currently "standard" db owner suggested by Sapinst. While running the installation you can change it to SAP<sid> or another one. Please, to understand this take a look to Note 562863.

At this moment, I think better you can do is changing the dbs_oracle_Schema variable again to SAPSR3. This may solve your current issue.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JC Llanes

My Problem was solved when I revert back the Changes.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

refer sapnote no 400241.

regards,

Hrish Reddy

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note 400241 (Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle ) has nothing to do with the issue here. Can you explain? did you mean a different note?

Fidel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

From ECC5.0 onwards the schema user will be SAPSR3 by default. If you want to keep SAPSAP<SID> as schema user you have to change schema user while installation it self. Don't change Environmental variable with SAPEC6. If you had change replace with original value and again.

The problem is not with environmental variables. Please try as i suggest

1.First check whether TNSListener is running. If is running Login as <SID>adm and check whether database is up and running.

How to check?

goto run and type sqlplus "/as sysdba"

If you get Ideal Instance as a result use STARTUP command to start database.

If database is already up and running follw the step2.

2. Goto init<SID>.ora file at OS level. (
oracle\ora92\database\init<SID>.ora)

take a back up of file and change the following parameters values as i specified.

a. shared_pool_size = 20M and

b. db_cache_size = 20M

then restart Installation.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

neither in Oracle10. No chance.

Schema Owner is the database user which owns the database objects created during an SAP installation.

In former releases (4.6C SR2 to 640 SR1) the default value was SAP<SAPSID>.

This has been changed to SAPSR3 to avoid confusion with the database SID or SAP system SID when doing homogenious systemcopies using backup/restore or database copy procedures. The SAPSR3 default can be changed during installation (R3load based) according your needs.

the only way to change the schema owner in Oracle is homogenious system copy with R3load or database specific export/import procedures.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh,

For changing of the password to the database users, pls refer to Note 361641.

This gives you the detail to change the password for the database user.

Hope this solves your problem..

Maheswaran J

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the SAP Note 400241 and did all the settings. Now I get the Error >ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied . All the Environment variable , Schema are set to EC6

When I go to Brtools and try to change the Password of the SAPEC6 (owner) then it says me that with Error that Database owner is Not SAPEC6 .

I tried to change the Password Manually through the SQL Command

INSERT INTO "OPS$<sid>ADM".SAPUSER VALUES ('<sapowner>', '<password>');

But Still I am getting the ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied in R3Trans -d

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yogesh,

Please refer to this Note : 400241... it will solve your problem. This note explains the permissions of SAPR3 database owners and how to change it.

Regards..

Maheswaran J