cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Solution Manager do JAVA change management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to Solution manager 4.0 to control ABAP and JAVA change

across the enterprise.

The only question is that whether we can use Solution Manager to replace NWDI.

Please advise, I'll give points. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura

Even i have the same requirement, unfortunately its is not vailable right now in solution manager SP11.

If you find something then please let me know.

Regards

Sukhii

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The OTO is the TMS functionality to control non-ABAP transports, it is delivered with Basis SP12.

The integration between OTO-TMS functionality with the Change Request Management, will be available with SP12 for ST.

ST 12 is not yet released in swdc.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Dolores

Thanks for your suchh an informative reply, This will be greta if you can tell me in detail about OTO technology.

Regards

Sukhii

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhii,

This new functionality is called CTS+ or OTO project and is comming in SP12 for Basis:

This enhancement enables you to use the transport functions in Transport Organizer and Transport Management System to transport non-ABAP objects. This includes objects such as the following:

- Objects from the SAP NetWeaver usage type EP (Enterprise Portal Archives, EPAs)

- Objects from the SAP NetWeaver usage type PI (XI transport files, TPZs)

- Objects from the SAP NetWeaver usage type DI (software component archives, SCAs; development component archives, SDAs)

The objects are transported in transport requests (type Workbench Request) along the transport routes defined between systems in CTS. You can include non-ABAP objects in transport requests either in CTS (transaction SE09) or on a Web Dynpro UI.

This enables you to manage transports between non-ABAP SAP systems in a central CTS.

A function for creating non-ABAP systems in CTS has been added to the existing UIs. To deploy objects in non-ABAP systems, you require a NW Java Server as well as SAP NWAS ABAP.

Effects on System Administration

You can now administer transports in a central system by creating non-ABAP systems and defining appropriate transport routes.

Effects on Customizing

Any existing settings in CTS are preserved

For the moment in the Solman system this functionality will be available in ST12 but still is not clear for which scenarios , probably for PI and EP.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Dolores

Thanks again for your informative reply, This will be really great. But I think for Administrators this will be a big configuration.

Wil SAP Provide config docs for this ?

OR We have to do R&D for this?

I had heard about this ST12 But Will this functionality be integrated with CHaRM or developments will be required?

Regards

Sukhii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for all replies.

Could you further explain what is ST12 and its relationship with SP12 (if

there is any)? I guess ST12 is solution tool 12. What is the current

release level of ST?

We currently use NWDI to do JAVA move. Should we replace it with

SM4.0?

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

Insteresting question, I will try to answer as best as I understand these concepts.

1. The OTO is the TMS functionality to control non-ABAP transports, it is delivered with Basis SP12.

So, this means that with Basis SP12 this functionality is available, independenly of using or not a solman system.

Your question is: can I sustitute the CMS (Change Management Service) of my NWDI for this new functionality? technically the answer should be yes

According to the description of OTO project or CTS+ functionality that you can see above this included:

- Objects from the SAP NetWeaver usage type DI (software component archives, SCAs; development component archives, SDAs)

So... yes! you could use this new functionality if your landscape DEV->CONS->TEST->PRD is in Basis SP12

Of course as this is a quite new patch I would do all the requered tests before.

2. After the solution manager system appears also in scene.

For that solman component ST SP12 has been release, this component allow solman system to use the Basis SP12 CTS+ functionality, again if the saellite involved are in basis SP12.

Hope this helps,

Dolores