cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 IDES Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing the ECC 6.0 SR1 on HP -UX 11.23 and Oracle 10.2 .The Installation stopped in between as the Netowrk got diconnected . When I restarted

I got the Errors of TSK.bck files. Bit i have Merged the files with R3Load option Merge_only according to SAP note " 455195 - R3load: Use of TSK files"

After checking I found that the Schema was SAPSR3 . I change dthe Schema to SAPEC6 (my SID is EC6) still i am getting the Errors .

I am getting the Error of "CONNECT failed with sql error '1034' " in the Installation Log Files.

Also when I try to change the password of the Owner of the Oracle Database user SAPEC6 (SID of my Sysyem is EC6) through BRTOOLS then it says "BR0824E Owner SAPEC6 not found in database or not SAP owner ".

When I run the command

SQL> select OWNER FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'T000';

OWNER

-

SAPSR3

SQL> select OWNER FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'SAPUSER';

OWNER

-

OPS$EC6ADM

I have executed this script sqlplus /NOLOG @oradbusr. sql SCHEMAOWNER UNIX SAP_SID x as per the SAP Note "Note 361641 - Creating OPS$ users on UNIX" still the Owner is SAPSR3 .

The dbs_oracle_Schema is set to value SAPEC6 in the .dbenv files and the ENV also shows that the Schema is SAPEC6 . Still the Databse owner shows as SASPSR3 instead of SAPEC6.

QUESTION: Please Help me to change the OWNER of the Databse to SAPEC6 from SAPSR3

Kind regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

From ECC5.0 onwards the schema user will be SAPSR3 by default. If you want to keep SAPSAP<SID> as schema user you have to change schema user while installation it self. Don't change Environmental variable with SAPEC6. If you had change replace with original value and again.

The problem is not with environmental variables. Please try as i suggest

1.First check whether TNSListener is running. If is running Login as <SID>adm and check whether database is up and running.

How to check?

goto run and type sqlplus "/as sysdba"

If you get Ideal Instance as a result use STARTUP command to start database.

If database is already up and running follw the step2.

2. Goto init<SID>.ora file at OS level. (
oracle\ora92\database\init<SID>.ora)

take a back up of file and change the following parameters values as i specified.

a. shared_pool_size = 20M and

b. db_cache_size = 20M

then restart Installation.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can't simply change the environment variable DBS_ORA_SCHEMA, the problem is a little more complex.

read this comment concenring

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started the Installation with my SID as EC6. After the SAPINST got Terminated, I found out that there was a Problem with the Schema. The SAPINST Automatically took schema as SAPSR3 . So I had to change the schema to SAPSR3 .

The Schema got change but the Database Owner is still SAPSR3 . Because all tables belongs to it . I want to Know how to change the database OWNER . I have checked that the listner , sqlnet , tnsnames , initEC6.ora have entries as EC6

Please help me to change the Owner of the Database from SAPSR3 to SAPEC6

Yogesh

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) ora-1034 = oracle not available...not started?

b) why did you change the schema id?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to Add in this Message which I forgot

I am getting the Errors of

ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER in the Installaion Log views apart from the Error CONNECT failed with sql error '1034'

Yogesh