cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overwrite on document number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have cancelled some billing document and I want to create the new billing document for the same number,For this I have reset the no.range ,

Will system create billing document for the same number.

Also there is any technical setting for above changes.

Regards

prabudh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

once you create any document a number counter increases for the specific number range. Also as you cancel the billing document a cancellation document is generated. Against that particular delivery which was invoiced, this cancelled billing document is also stored in the database and would never permit to use the same number again. Even if you have reset, it can be under a different series but not the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO.. ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE THE SAME NUMBER ONCE IT CREATE... IF YOU CREATE NEW NUMBER RANGE ALSO IT DOESNT TAKE...

REWARD IF IT HELPS

RAMKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO.. ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE THE SAME NUMBER ONCE IT CREATE... IF YOU CREATE NEW NUMBER RANGE ALSO IT DOESNT TAKE...

REWARD IF IT HELPS

RAMKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabudh,

It is not possible to create the one more billing document with the same number as it already exists in the database. The first thing that it would is to check if the document number exists in the database and will throw an error message if it does.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.