cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Messages persistence in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can someone guide me through the steps require for monitoring Synchronous Messages persistence in XI? I believe we need to swtche on logging in XI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can turn on logging_sync parameter as shown in my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

but don't do it on PRD of course

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michal,

Thanks alot for immediate response.

But just wondering if i turn on logging_sync parameter, will XI stores these messages at XI cache/virtual memory or does XI stores at Database?

Sure I am not going to implemente this with PROD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

If you enable the parameter then XI will persist the messages at the database level.

What Michal said was we should not enable the parameter in our Production systems.Even SAP recommends that we shoudnt log synch messages.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that helped u .

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DB level

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sumit,

May I know the reational behind not to store Synchronous messages in the prod environment. Just curious to know what would be the reason for not when we are allowed by default to store Asysnchronous messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in prd environment time and memory are some very big constraint,if we keep on storing all the messages in database,then slowly our database will get exhausted and it might affect the working of scenarios.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

It takes time to insert in DB and more over it takes space in DB.

Even though you can archive the message but then the archiving jobs takes time.

Cheers,

Sumit

ps : reward points if that helped u..