cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SAP 4.7 IDES MDB-06029 caught exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Let me appreciate all your help and support for new guyz like me.

I am trying to install the SAP 4.7 IDES on a system

Configuration:

--250 GB HDD

--2 GB DDR RAM

-- 2.4 GHZ celeron processor

-- Win 2K SP4 OS

during installation installed i did the following process

--Installing loopback adapter

--Installing JAVA

--Installing oracle 9.2

--R3 kernel

-- Completed the Central instance without any problem

-- When continuing with the database instance i am getting the following error message ( Selected local installation)

WARNING 2007-06-09 01:23:04

Error 1326 (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.) in execution of a 'LogonUser' function, line (537), with parameter (DEV\devadm).

ERROR 2007-06-09 01:23:04

MDB-06029 Caught exception while trying to start script executing application: [D:\oracle\ora92/bin/sqlplus.exe].

MDB-06030 A call to the system library failed. System error message: [Unknown error].

MUT-02011 Internal error: A call to syslib failed. System error message: Unknown error.

FJS-00012 Error when executing script.

Please suggest me if I am doing any thing wrong or is there any thing i need to take care of ?

Definitely will reward points for help.

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"<b>Error 1326 (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.) in execution of a 'LogonUser' function, line (537), with parameter (DEV\devadm).</b>"

-> are you trying to install with user devadm?

-> use a user with (local) administratiuve rights...

-> are you using the same use that installed the central instance? it must be the same...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for replying

Yeah i am trying to install it with the same user 'Administrator' in which i have installed the central instance,

I am using win 2k sp4, where when granting the security options for c:/user and c:/user/sap -

i am giving all the permissions to every user available in the system.

but still i am getting this issue i am getting confused what wrong i might have been doing, is there any way that i log in to SQL and then the sap installation detects it.

please suggest me what to be done.

Thanks