cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Estimation for Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I also want to know the amount of time does it took remote client copy. Hardware details as follows (RAM 16 GB, CPU-1.35 GHz USIII 4 Processors Logically 8 Processors, and there are about 250 GB of data)

Because last time I did local copy with similar H/W and there were around 250GB of data, but it took <b>3 DAYS</b> to complete process. Now I wanted to do remote client copy and I wonder how much time it takes with previous experience. Experts please advise me in this matter.

Last time did the client copy while system operational and is there any special reason to slow down process like that,(want to know about table lock etc.)

Any please advise me how to perform effective client copy and estimated time to complete the process.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

250GB ??...r u copying from prd to qas..is ur target client is a new one ?

There may be some table structure difference, if so my suggestion is to do client export/import..or better to do a system copy

regards

Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me more about system copy,i created new client in QA and copy from Production.Please advise me.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a client export from prd and import the same in qas in new client

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u cannot export the client form production to quality ,

at same time u cannot import also .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zia,Actually I started client remote copy and so far it has taken 5 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Could you please validate your statement? I am really confused with your answer?

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started remote client copy from my Production to Quality system and so far it has taken 5 days ad still copying data. I think now you can understand the answer

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As previously suggested, did you start a parallel copy? If not, it can still be usefull to cancel the copy, define about 8 parallel processes and restart the copy. It should pick up where it left.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i guess its always better to go for client export / import if the data is huge......

in your case you can still stop remote client copy and go for client export / import

regards,

vinay singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have consider net work traffic and size of client.

How man parallel processes you defined?

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

No network overhead,use 10 parallel processes.