cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are almost doing production go-live activities. During this process we have created new client in production 600 and did local client copy SAP_CUST from original client 500. After that we have deleted original client using SCC5.

Even we have deleted the original client 500 we still see the space utilization.

After delete the client usng SCC5 how to get the free space.Do i need to reorganize the dataabse?

What all post steps i have to do after deleting the client.

- Kristsne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

After deleting the client using SCC5, the database size is actually reduced but the space shown will be same as before the deletion of client.

Inorde to gain the deleted space you have to reorganise your database, so that the freespace will be gained.

To do the reorganization, you need to take backup of your database first and also it requires the same size of free space at the OS level to do reorganization.

You can use brtools to do the reorganization and it can also be done by tablewise in online also.

Maheswaran J

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by u can not belive. our system still shows the space utilization even we have delet the client using SCC5.

We are using MS SQL 2005 database

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> depends on the database you're using...

-> SAP_CUST is only customizing...how much data did you delete? i cannot believe that the space gain would be that much...

GreetZ, AH