cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: ERROR during SAP ECC installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am installing SAP ECC on the AIX environment and I am getting following error message in step 2 itself:

"the computer host name is 'r3lpar02' but a reverse look up retured 'uswnd-s-r3lpar02'. This will lead to problems later on when starting the web application server. You can correct this problem by inserting a line: 'ip.ip.ip.ip r3lpar02 into host file '/etc/hosts'. Do this now so that you can continue the installation"

I know why I am getting this problem and I know by changing hosts file I can solve this problem But here is my question:

<b>SAP software will store all installtion steps in an XML file. I dont knwo the name of that file if you can tell me the name of the file ?

& also how I can change the file so that installer will not follow that step.?</b>

Looking forward to hear from you ....

Cheers ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thats file is called keydb.xml

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before doing the system copy we have to add a line in the hosts file as given below.

<IP Address of your system> <FQDN : fully Qualified Domain Name> <host name of your system>

After making an entry in that hosts file then please start off the installation . It would go through smoothly.

Reward points if useful,

Rgrds,

Sree