cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saprouter to run on a different service port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

I am running saprouter on a Linux system which is already being used as a mail-relay server. So. most of the service ports have been used in the system. Hence I cant use the default port 3299 for saprouter. Is there a way to run saprouter on a different port, for instance 3999?

I tried -S option with saprouter, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regds

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sapna,

Um! From note 28976 you can see that the connection data sheet that customers

must send to SAP to inform the where the saprouter is running and the IP you can not choose a port.

Definitely I think that port 3299 is a prerrequisite, get for example a VPN connection guide to check if this is a prerrequiste, I gues yes.

To be sure open a message in XX-SER-NET-NEW.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

This makes complete sense!! I did not think through this at all. SAP has already opened 3299 for me and I dont think I can change it now.

But, I was just wondering, that changing the service port on the saprouter system (i.e running saprouter on 3999) will change things only in my internal network and should not change anything in the way my saprouter talks to the SAP system over the internet (using SNC), isn't it? As, the connection will still go through 3299 from the saprouter system to the internet. The problem might arise when my internal solution manager system is trying to reach the saprouter?

Am I making sense? Or, have I totally confused you

Thanks a ton for your prompt reply as always!!

Regds

Sapna