cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwing Runtime Exceptions from BPM. How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I want to make appear a red flag in the SXMB_MONI as a result of a custom condition inside a BPM. I tried with the control step, but it makes no "red flag".

Should I make a transform step between 2 dummy message types with a UDF that throws the runtime exception there?? is there another way ?? We want a red flag as a result of a expired deadline while waiting a file adapter transport acknowledgement.

Thanks !!

Matias.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Any specific reasons you want the red flag?

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit !

Just because if we don't make the red flag to apper, it displays a checkered flag also when the deadline throws an alert..so if someone looks at the monitor, will think that everything went ok.

Thanks !

Cheers,

Matias

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matias,

What do you mean by checkered flag, did you got the flag status as successfull message. Can you please clarify it?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

But your purpose is solved. Right..

You raise a alert and then someone will be able to see the alert in the inbox.In the Alert you can pass the message id , or other details which you want...

Or as you mentioned earlier..

Use control step to throw exception, and then catch the exception and inside the exception use a transformation step . In that transformation step raise a mapping error ..Not the best way :)...

btw ..Let that someone look at the monitor as well as the alert inbox..He can get the alert message in his mail too..

Cheers,

Sumit

ps : reward points if that helped u .:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj !

Yes, using a control step to cancel the process yields in a successful flag in the outbound column of the message monitor.

Regards,

Matias

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matias,

As you said before you want the BPM to be errored out if it reach the deadline, am I right. In control step if u say cancel process it equivalent to logically deleting the work items, so obviously you will get an succesfull message. What I suggest you to do is in Deadline branch - control branch select throw exception. The exception name has to be defined in Block level. So if you throw an exception it will look for the exception branch in the same block level if not the higher(super)block level, if it couldn't find the exception branch it will run out to error. Actually the exception branch is used to catch that exception and continue the rest of the process, so i think there is no need for defining the exception branch itself.

Hope it helps you!!!

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (0)