Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS host name change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone.

Here's my situation:

I have a WebAS 2004s installed on a server named dt-srv-01 (windows 2003 server).

When I deploy a Webdynpro application from inside my local area network using the option "Deploy New Archive and run" from the NWDS, the deploy works fine and the browser opens showing my application on http://dt-srv-01:50200/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/TestingWebdynpro?SAPtestId=2 which works fine as the name dt-srv-01 can be resolved inside my LAN.

The problem occurs when I try to deploy from outside my LAN, say, from my home or a client office. I get an error saying that a connection to the server dt-srv-01:50218 could not be established (off course, the dt-srv-01 name is not bound to any valid ip on the internet). What I'd like to do is to make the WebAS refer to my server internet ip or domain (like http://www.myserver.com:50200/...), is there any way to change this behavior??

Regards,

Paulo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem here is, that the server doesn´t "know" whether your are internal or external, the server cannot distinguish (how should it)?

What you can do as easy solution is to set an entry in your hosts file (c:windowssystem32driversetchosts) with the external IP if you work externally and comment this entry when you are in the office. So there´s no need of changing something on the server.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

thank you for your reply.

I'll try your suggestion and see if it works.

Regards,

Paulo.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And - did it? Just curiuos...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it worked. Thanks.

Regards,

Paulo.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure that you have FQDN defined for the host.

icm/host_name_full

773830 FQHN determination in ICM

and also in SLDAPICUST tcode make sure that you have given the fully qualiied Domain name and just not the host name.

Then i suppose host name change is not required

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

thank you for your reply.

Any hints where can I change those values: icm/host_name_full, SLDAPICUST tcode ??

I'm pretty sure the FQDN isn't set anywhere on the WebAS config

Regards,

Paulo.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can´t on a Java-only system, that parameter is set in an instance profile on a WebAS ABAP.

--

Markus

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In NWDS go to Window -> Preferences -> J2EE Engine and change the host name there.

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

The host name in the NWDS is ok. I can see my server from the J2EE server view. dispatcher, SDM and server0 are all in green.

Deployment process start normally, asks for a password, and deploy starts. The problem is when it switches from the message server to the SDM server, which is bind to the dt-srv-01 name (name of the computer in the LAN), instead of the name I gave to the message server host.

Regards,

Paulo.