cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed installation of pdk 2.5 vs05 add-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem concerning the installation of the PDK 2.5 for .Net. The setup program of the Visual Studio Add-In says it had successfully completed the installation. But there is not the SAP project template available.

When I load the example projects , they are not recognized as a SAP-project. They can be compiled, as all SAP-libs seem to have been installed correctly. But running the example (ClientSideEvents) does not work, there appears only the directory listing in the browser. There are no SAP-toolbar or menu in visual studio, i guess they should appear after loading one of the sap-examples.

What could have gone wrong?

I attach the system info given by visual studio. My computer runs WinXP SP2.

Thanks a lot for helping !

kind regards,

Michael Leben

System:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727

Installierte Edition: Professional

Microsoft Visual Basic 2005

Microsoft Visual C# 2005

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

Microsoft Visual J# 2005

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005

Microsoft Web Application Projects 2005

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - DEU Service Pack 1 (KB926606)

SAP PDK for Microsoft .NET 2.5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

- Please make sure that you logon as administrator when you installed the .NET PDK.

- Make sure that the add-in file installed on the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins\sapeppdk.addin

Regards,

Yehuda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I installed (and reinstalled) PDK2.5 for .Net Vs05 as administrator. The file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins\sapeppdk.addin exists, but the Add-In doesn't appear in the Add-In-Manager-window of Visual Studio. And the project templates are missing.

The documentation mentions a tool named "Installation Verification Tool for PDK for .Net" for solving such issues. But its not included in the PDK and the download seems to be only available with a SAP Marketplace account, which I don't have.

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yehuda,

I just saw the Thread , there had been the same problem.

I copied the file

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins\sapeppdk.addin

to

C:\Documents and Settings\myUser\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins\sapeppdk.addin

and now in the Add-In-Manager appears the PDK-Add in. Ok. There also appear a Menu "SAP" - but it is always empty!!

And the project templates still doesn't appear.

Thank you! Michael.