cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh Adapter engine Connection Data Cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone guide how can I refresh the Adapter engine Connection Data Cache( sxi_Cache --> goto --> Adapter engine cache)? I deleted it as I learnt that it refreshes automatically. But since then it has not refreshed.

thanks,

rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Check this document where he mentioned all the caches available in XI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0332b2a-eb97-2910-b6ba-dbe52a01...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well. it doesnot say how to refresh it. It just says how to delete it.

thanks,

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

If you send once again any message which runs on adapter engine you can see there. So please run one of your interface and refresh it. You can see then.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it but then I am getting the following message. Any clue why??

<SAP:AdditionalText>3: Unable to find URL for Adapter Engine af.dxi.dev-db-ha</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error while reading access data (URL, user, password) for the Adapter Engine</SAP:Stack>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

I have just tested in my xi system and have told you.

Can you run sldcheck in your xi system and see it gives any error?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error in the sldcheck. Well....just to summarise now I have two problems in my IDoc-File integration scenario.

1) I see the error message .. IDoc is getting mapped to target XML format but while converting the XML into File using File Adapetr I am getting this error...

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>3: Unable to find URL for Adapter Engine af.dxi.dev-db-ha</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error while reading access data (URL, user, password) for the Adapter Engine</SAP:Stack>

2) I am unable to refresh the adapter cache( in sxi_cache ) which usually has url of adapters located in java stack .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

To refresh Cache using URL,

ask your basis guy to use PIDIRUSER/XIDIRUSER . Only that user has access to refresh Cache using the link which was mentioned earlier.

Secondly ask your basis guy to give him self the role which is assigned to PIDIRUSER.

Role : SAP_XI_ID_SERV_USER

Refresh the Cache from the browser then it will work.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit. I was able to refresh CAPCache but that didnot refresh the Adapter runtime cache data. Also I am still having that file adapetr error becuase the adapter is inaccessible to IE.

thanks,

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I believe this link will help you..

Go to the following link

http://<SERVER>:<J2ee_Port>/rep/support/admin/index.html.

Enter Administrator username and password.

In the left hand side you will see <b>cache overview</b>...Click here..

Now in the right hand side you will see ..

<b>Xi Data Cache Refresh</b>

Below this you will find

<b>af.<SID>.<SERVERNAME></b>

On the right hand side Click on the Full Cache Refresh.

Cheers,

Sumit

ps : reward points if that helped u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I believe theres some other issue..

Ideally if you delete the AE Cache, next time when a message comes from any Adapter you will see the adapter engine cache again in SXI_CACHE.

Ask your basis team to check if any service user is locked in XI especially PIISUSER or PIAFUSER.

Cheers,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I executed SAI_AE_GET_DETAILS function module and found out that the password for IS was missing..surprisingly...well I reset that once and it started working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

use explorer and type the following add for ur cache refresh.

http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=delta|full

Regards

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donot have permission to execute it and surprisingly even th ebasis guy is also getting authorization issue . Any clue ...why?

thanks,

rakesh