cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove the standard SAP header from a web transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the transaction classification for an ABAP transaction (PRAP) from "Professional User" to "Easy Web", however the changes are not reflected on the Portal side. I was hoping to see the standard SAP header dissapear from the Portal iView (that is the buttons "Menu", "Save as variant", "Back" etc) but this did not happen.

I even changed the internal ITS parameters "webTransactionType" to "EWT" and "noHeaderOkCode" to "1" with no results.

Any ideas what the issue is?

I am running ECC 6.0 and SAP Portal NW04s.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tiberiu,

In addition, did you add the parameters ~webTransactionType and ~noHeaderOkCode to the "GUI Configuration" area of PRAP in transaction SICF? It does not have an effect if you add it to SE80.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar, I added the parameters ~webTransactionType and ~noHeaderOKCode to the GUI Configuration of the /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/ service in ITS.

Interesting, now the standard SAP header is removed, but with that, the "EXECUTE" button that was on the header is removed as well, so I have no way of executing the transaction. How can I add back the Execute button?

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to have a look at SAP note 1010519 although you should have a recent SP level. Using the described parameter you should be able to remove the menu and okcode field but with a remaining application toolbar and its buttons. Don't forget to remove the ~webTransactionType and ~noHeaderOKCode parameter before.

Hope that help.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus, yes this is very helpful.

We do not have the most recent patch level so we cannot test this functionality. Before making a decision to apply (or not) the most recent patch level, we need to make sure that this will work for us. Can you clarify if the standard Execute (F8) button will remain on the screen? is this button part of the application toolbar and therefore considered an application button?

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see a screen shot of ABAP Editor SE38 started with ~webgui_simple_toolbar=1:

<a href="http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=webguisimpletoolbarkr5.png">http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=webguisimpletoolbarkr5.png</a>

All buttons defined by the application are available.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Klaus, that helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess you are talking about transaction iview on the portal side. which rendering type you have used - sap gui for windows or sap gui for HTML.

or or you using IAC iveiw or transaction iview with sapgui for html and it still doesnt work?