cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Packaging error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have a File to Idoc Scenario in XI. XI consumes a XML file with multiple instances of the tag <item> and creates an IDOC for each instance of the <item> tag contained in the XML file. But, if a mapping error occurr when XI processes one of the <item> tag instances, no IDOCs are created on SAP by XI. Instead, I want XI create all IDOCs for each right <item> tag instances also when in the XML file there are some incorrect <item> tag instances.

Thanks to all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>I want XI create all IDOCs for each right <item> tag instances also when in the XML file there are some incorrect <item> tag instances.

Do you really want to create IDOCs even when there is a mapping error for an item tag?(wrong instance)

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as everybody said,the best option would be to validate the XML data in the source system itself.

XI is a middleware ,even though it can be used to perform some kind of validations on the source file,but it is advised to do all the validations in the applications system itself and then send the correct source to XI

thanx

ahamd

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using BPM ?

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

I don't want to use the BPM;is there another way to solve my problem?

Thanks!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

As you said you will get some incorrect messages in tag items, what do you mean by this. If you knew this will happen because of the particular field why can't u filter it out used on condition.

For example in source item tag ,let say if the element Product cost must be numeric , if its numeric then the IDOC will be posted successfully, suppose if the product cost is non-numeric then it will throw an error, this is what u mentioned as an error?

Can u please clarify with an example

Best regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use a Adapter Module.

In the sender file adapter write a module that will spilit the records into valid and invalid items and then do the required mapping .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I'm interested to your solution! Can you explain me more? Your solutions are always very helpfull!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

Use an adapter module that filters your incoming file based on the possible error conditions and then create the target xml such that it contains a valid tag which holds all items that are correct and a invalid tag that contains all errored items. Now in graphical mapping, create IDOCS only for the items in valid tag.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Actually, XI processes the entire XML file and at the process end, all <item> tag corresponding IDOC are produced.

I want only to produce the IDOCs not at the end of the entire XML file processation, but at the end of each <item> tag instance processation. I want that the idoc is produced instantanely at the end of each <item> tag processation. How can I do this? with an adapter custom module? In wich way?

Thanks!

vuyyurujyothi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use BPM to achieve this. In BPM, use fault message types for wrong <item>. If wrong <item> occurs, create one fault message type and send it back to the sender system.

Regards,

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

You should not have mapping error if you are mapping item as each IDoc. If you have error you will not the IDoc for the corresponding Item. Hence I would rather request you to correct the mapping.

If it is your business requirement that there will be some wrong items also then you have to write the UDF. If it write item then only you map it or else you ignore that Item.

---Satish