cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Messages in "To Be delivered" status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I read the blogs about the messages in the status to be delvered status and many of them suggested to restart the j2ee server.

In smicm i have 2 options J2EE instance (Local) and J2EE cluster Global which one i need to go for and which option for restsrt ?

soft shutdown with restsrt or hard shutdown with restart or just restart.

any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might help

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Also what is ur QOS ..

If it is EOIO make sure that nothing got stucked in the queue.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

The QOS is BE. The xml is less than 10 MB and it is not too large.

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinivas kapu,

First thing I would say is that I am relieved with this.. there are other systems which behave as ours

<b>Before you restart the j2ee engine, just check with the partner or the receiveing party if they received the message or the content of the message correctly.

Most probably the answer would be YES.

What we have observed on our system was that the receiver got the message correctly and the problem is with the status not being updated</b>

Next thing,

Hard Shut down, is it closes all the connection immediately and restarts it.

Soft Shut down, (i think) will wait for some time and might take more time

Using either of them should not differ technically.

BTW, we have a message opened with SAP reg this issue. When I have some info in this reg, I will share with you.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the reply and can u pz let me know is there any way to delete all the messages in the "To be delivered status".

I want to clear those messages plz advice

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinivas kapu,

Y do you want to delete them anyways?

<b>"To Be delivered" status</b> is a temporary status and I am pretty much sure that you can <b>NOT</b> delete them.

Messages are archived and then deleted from system.

Archiving messages is another topic.

Did you get a chance to restart the J2EE engine.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have restarted the engine and things are going fine but we did not check with the large xml yet. we will be testing soon and then we will know exactly.

Thanks for the help

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas kapu,

Please keep me in the loop.

Let me know if you have any issues.

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

we tested with the interfcae which really posts large xml and we again ran into the same issue. There are no dumps on the sap side as well. when i see in the RWB adapter engine in message monitoring, they are only 3 messages in the delivering status and remaining all of them are in the status "To be delivered"

Do we need to tune the memory or what we need to do exactly, snychronus messages has nothing to do with ques, am i right or do they register in ques ?

plz guid me, how to resolve this issue, we have java mappings, do they consume lot of memory or do we need to increse the java heap size ?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

If you are facing the below problem in your production server then raise a very high/high priority message with SAP.

issue could be related to Server Configuration.

Can you let me know when you say large XML..How large is the XML file ?

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas kapu,

Java Mappings go consume a lot of memory.

Could u please tell me which oracle, Java versions are you guys on.

also have a look at the note 1024539 for the settings on the java engine.

say heap and things like that.

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message to be deliver means that the message is sitting in the queue waiting to be processed.

In most situations, when this happens and stays there for a long time is because 1st message is the queue is being held up by an error.

What you can do is in SXI_MONITOR, scroll to the left until you see the queue name. Double-click on the queue name, which will take you to the queue where the message resides. You should see the number of messages in the queue and the status of the 1st message. You can restart the error'd message or delete it (which is not recommended).

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, you should scroll to the right, not left (a typo )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I am doing HTTP-RFC synchronus and i dont see nay ques in SMQ1 and SMQ2

and i cant even delete the messages in sxmb_moni.

There are around 200 messages stuck in the rfc receiver adapter and they r just in the status to be delivered from past 24 hrs. How to delete all these messages any idea ?

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of XI r u using..????

You can go to RWB for RFC monitoring. There you will get the exave info that why messages got stuck. Also make sure that user id n password given in RFC receiver adapter or RFC destination are correct..

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can ask your system administrator (BASIS Guys) to take a java restart.

Regards

Sushil