cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we convert into flat file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we are in design phase of the XI integration ,so thinking of several options to do the interfaces.

basically I need to get data from different infotypes of HR application some are standard and some are customized infotypes(tables).so ,can we get a flat file getting data from those info types using some thing like opendata set(not sure pretty new to opendata set concept) and place on the application system and schedule the report (program)as per demand?and I can feed that flat file into XI using file adapter and route to the destination system using another file adapter as we have file system as reciever.I posted the same in ABAP forum as well.

there is difference in data formats so we would need XI in between,otherwise we can just FTP to the target,correct?

please suggest,

thank you,

regards,

babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

I suggest you instead of writing the report and picking the file from XI directly call the proxy and put all your code in the proxy. Then the data directly reaches into XI then you map accordingly and send the file.

Here we can avoid writing the report and picking once again from file adapter into xi.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

infact I was looking and giving different options to my client,but my client is looking to do by RFC on SAP HR sending side.

what would are the pros &cons between if we use proxies or RFC?

I really appreciate your suggestion.

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Thats fine then. Even you can have RFC. There are advantages and disadvantages for both of them.

They will write a ZRFC to get the data from R3. You import the ZRFC into IR and do the mapping and send the ouput file. That is also straight forward.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

If you are using WAS 6.4 try using Proxy as it uses XI message protocol. While using RFC there will be an extra load on XI to convert RFC into XI Protocol as XI works using XML messages.

Moreover be careful of the size of the messages as using XML format for large messages in the size of 15 to 20 MB is not advisable. In HR there can situation where you might be dealing with large messages.

thanks,

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,and another thing strike me like the size,as there is limitation for the proxies with size may be ZRFC would be better.And we are handling master data so may be the size wouls be more.so even I considered my clients idea.

thank you.

babu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I need to get data from different infotypes of HR application some are standard and some are customized infotypes(tables).</i>

Refer SAP Note 105148, 884865

Check this out

<i>there is difference in data formats so we would need XI in between,otherwise we can just FTP to the target,correct?</i>

Correct

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can read your flat file from application system & convert it into required structure using XI & then send it to receiver.

Even you can directly read from database instead of sender file & then convert it to file. Choice will depend on the way data selection is done on sender system.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>there is difference in data formats so we would need XI in between,otherwise we can just FTP to the target,correct?

Exactly! That is the advantage of XI

regards

Krishna