Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different values for different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Well to start with, this is my first post in this Security Forum.

Our requirement is to store different Carrier ID's in different people's ID's.

1) I started with creating an Authorization Field say <b>ZCARRID.</b>

2) Then I created an Onject Class(<b>ZTX_OC</b>) in SU21 and then created an Authorization Object inside the Class. Lets say the Auth Obj. is named <b>ZTX_AO1</b>

3) Now I went to <b>PFCG</b>, and created a Role, <b>ZTX_RL</b> and went to Authorization Data, clicked on Changed Authorization data, and then manually added Auth. Obj. and then added specific Carrier ID values like AA, BB.

4) Now finally went to SU01 and added the ROLE to the users profile...

But if I have 150 different users with different values in each, then will I have to create 150 different ROLES for the same....

Can't I add localization data for the users ??

Please advise....

Thanks,

Tatvagna Shah

Message was edited by:

Tatvagna Shah

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

just copy the existing role and just change the role name.and change the different values in each role.to assign that user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such case you do need to create 150 roles. Make use of CATT utility for this purpose. That should make it very simple.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Actually, we spoke to our Client and then came down to a conclusion, that we will indeed create different Roles and one Auth Object. for the same.

Will check the CATT utility and let you know if any doubts...!

Thanks for you Answer.

Tatvagna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have finally come down to a custom security solution.

Thanks.