cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when Activating Design-Configuration objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are facing a strange error in our XI system. When we are trying to activate any design/configuration object, we get an error, which states:

<b>ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException

com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.PersistenceException: ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Error while accessing secure store: File "
<hostname>\sapmnt\<SYSID>\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.properties" does not exist although it should</b>

We double checked that the properties file does exist in the directory specified. We also went for a instance restart, but since then the SMC is showing a yellow flag with info 'J2EE Status Info Unavailable', and the java Stack is not working. Does anybody have any idea why this error is occuring?

Regards,

Amitabha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you actually delete that file and check ??;)

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As far as I know, this file is used for containing encrypted password and connection info for J2EE stack. So, I daresay, it will be very risky to remove the file from the source directory. Still, I would like to try your hint.

Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check the read/write permissions of the file

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The read-write permissions are all ok as the root <b>sapmnt</b> folder has all the required permissions.

Regards,

Amitabha