Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM_IMODE_TOO_LARGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User is getting the error, SYSTEM_IMODE_TOO_LARGE, even I have checked the profile ztta/roll_extension: 2147483647 & abap/heap_area_dia: 2000683008. these are the current values in the profiles.

user is trying to execute some program: ZFI_LB_CNV_EXTRACT.

earlier it was executing fine but now it is throwing the dump.

SAP 4.6c, sun solari 5.6, oracle 9.2.0.6

I request you to advise me what need to be done for this issue.

Thanks,

Gouda.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below thread.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the note: 548845,

For Releases 4.6B to 6.10, you can use a profile parameter that is not generally released to increase the maximum size of an internal session from 2 GB to 4 GB. However, most monitoring tools cannot correctly display values higher than 2 GB; this applies to transactions SM04, SM50, ST02, ST03, SE30, the memory consumption display in the debugger, some outputs in trace files and other locations within the system. Therefore, we can only provide limited support for internal sessions over 2 GB.

How this can be solved apart from the solution of increasing the internal session from 2GB to 4GB...?

Kindly advise..

Thanks,

Gouda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

Could any one suggest any solution for this above mentioed issue.

Many Thanks,

Mudukana

0 Kudos

Hello Mudkunda,

First of all it is Z program. For such programs the profile parameters should be last thing you should check. At times due to poor code such memory issues occur.

Please get the code reviewed. Check if it has modified recently that is causing this error.

Secondly check the selection parameters. Check if too much of data is not being selected.

Also try to run it in background. It is one of things you should do if dump is coming in dialog mode (which I guess may be coming in this case.)

Dont really profile parameter values for custom or Z program. Change may be necissitated if system generally starts behaving as such and not due to some program.

Regards.

Ruchit.