cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have install new WAS SERVER then install patch ,when i using JSPM to install patch10 for SAP WAS ,

i found that the other product can find correct pacth version excpt Kernal

why ?

i've finished the installation, start VA,it show a warning ,tell me the server kernal version is patch 6 ,

i wanna to reinstall patch10 , when i startup JSPM, JSPM can not install again

what can i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

find a notes 910073

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all the kernel should be comparable to the patches you take. By this i mean take the kernel which goes fine woth this patch sp10. JSPM should detect them properly. If it fails this means your selection is wrong.

Secondly if you have deployed a few sp10 components you can still update the kernel. It should be done using JSPM.

But you can also shut your instance and the database and then uncar the kernel files in some location using the SAPCAR from the existing kernel files.

Then take the backup of the current kernel files. Keep it at some loaction as safe source to revernt back in case of any issues.

Then you can paste the new kernel files in the kernel directory which is

c:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NT<XXX>\

and then restart the instance.

Hope you understood the procedure.

If you have any doubts better ask them before proceeding this kernel patching at the OS level.

regards and reward with good points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this happens if you have not taken the correct kernel files.

By default,your base level SP will have unicode kernel and all WebAs works with Unicode kernel.

If by mistake,you have taken non-unicode kernel for patching,kernel files will not be recognised while patching.

And,you have to take both DB-independent kernel file and DB-dependent unicode kernel ,for the kernel file to be recognised.Copy both appropriate files in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and retry,it will work.

reward points if helpful..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

VA would show a warning if your VA client doesn't correspond to the J2EE kernel version.

It happens if you are starting VA not from admin directory of the J2EE server you are connecting to (but if you are using standalone VA or from another J2EE release with older version).

It has nothing to do with ABAP kernel you are updating with JSPM,

Regards,

Mike