cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using remote debugging for Web Dynpro applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have anyone ever encounter the above mentioned problem ? I am not able to step through my codes nor break @ my breakpoints using the debugging features despite many attempts following the tutorial on "Debuggng Web Dynpro applications". The problem always occur when I click on the Run -> Debug -> "Click on Debug". The debug perspective will show the threads running but my application window dows not appear. Should attempts be made to "Terminate All" threads and relaunch my apllication again, I will get an error message saying "Deployment of archive file already running : XXX.ear" Then I will need to wait some 15 mnutes or so before I can try again. Any suggestions ? Thank you.

The status of my J2EE engine is as stated in the tutorial:

1) State = "Debugging"

2) Debug Mode = "On"

3) Restricted Load Balancing = "Yes"

4) Productive Use = "No"

I have posted similar queries under "JDI" and "Web AS General" but did not receive and sugestions.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After yiu have gone into debug mode. Launch the Application window manually , this should get your debug pointers moving in NDS

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pran,

I tried that before. It came back with the error message that I described earlier : "Deployment of archive file already running:xxx.ear".

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont do a Deploy New Archive and Run just do a Run. It will take some time before the system comes out of the deployment. If you still want to Deploy a new archive for any code changes do a restart.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pran,

I'm afraid that din work as well. However, I took you advise and uncheck the "Create and deploy archive" option in the debug window and that seems to work now. Is this correct or I am doing something that is different form the tutorial ? Thanks !

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should Create and Deploy if you want to reflect the code changes that you just did. However if you just want debug to an existing code then you need not Create and Deploy.

This can also be done as a two step process where you first deploy from NDS and launch Debug without create and deploy.

Is the issue that after you launch debug that it does not launch the application window.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pran,

thank you very much ! Although i cannot get the application window to launch after debug, I am now able to do so by taking off "Create and Deploy" and your explanation has been most useful. thanks again for your time and help.

from

Kwok Wei