cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View doesn't refresh with new data.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in my Webdynpro application where I'm not able to refresh the view with the new settings. My case goes like this...

I created a Webdynpro application with one component and two windows

- Main Window and

-Personalization Window

Main window has two views - "MainView" and "Interface View". "Interface view" was mandatory to create an application.

On click of an icon in the "Main Window" , "Personalization Window" opens. I set the Visible/Invisible flag in this window and click on "Apply" button.

wdDoModifyView of MainView is called first. There I try to reset the view by calling view.resetView().But this doesn't work. MainView doesn't get refreshed in the UI.

The new values are reflected only when I close the "PersonalizationWindow" and refresh the "MainWindow". Same code works in a Webdynpro Plugin (CUIBB).

Do I need to fire a plug so that interface view is refreshed with the new data? I'm not familiar with the Interface Views concept. Can someone help me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We could get the solution internally. Thank you for the co operation.

Context was not being updated sometimes due to problems in the API we use.

Thank you.

Regards,

Uday

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You can check this thread.

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In properties tab of MainView, Make Lifespan as When_Visible

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

I don't see any Property as Lifespan under Properties tab for that view.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Open the View and in proprties tab, check whether any entry like FrameWork_Controlled is there. If present, make it as When_Visible.

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

ResetView will remove all dynamically changed UI elements and properties.. and resets the view to the state as in design time.

How did you find the plugin by the way ? You have the source code ?

Just curious ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Plugin was developed by us. Same code works in the plugin but not in the

application. If you have any experience in applications please help me.

Yes. You are right. resetView , takes the view to it's design time state. But I update the context of that view when clicked on "Apply" button,so when I call the resetView() method, I believe it should read the new context values and display the new data. But that doesn't happen.

Regards,

Uday