cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Javabean Model -JVM Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a CommandBean class that has 13 getters for Collections = 13 relations when i import it as a javabean model. The returnred collections contain custom classes...

The importing of the model in web dynpro goes fine, and adding it as a used model to my component goes fine too.

The problem is (big problem) that when i try to map my model context to my component controller context (i drag my commandbean model class from the model context to the component controller context) , my studio starts loading and doing things to eventually exit with a JVM error...

I tried making the value in vm.properties, but the studio still exits.

vm.properties:

-Xmx1024m

-Xms128m

-XX:PermSize=32m

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

At exiting, there's a java.lang.OutOfMemoryException ...

I hope someone can help with this. (Mapping of smaller models goes fine...)

Kind regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error was caused by a limitation in the NWDS.

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joren,

An OutOfMemoryError occurs when a Web Dynpro Application is started.

for the memory consumption of the classes loaded in memory sometimes is too high for the standard settings of the JVM.

Solution

The problem is caused by the the standard PermSize of the Java Virtual Machine. We recommend to increase the perm size with the Config Tool of the engine. In a standard installation, it can be started using: \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<instance_ID>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat e.g. C:\usr\sap\C11\JC00\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat on window platforms and /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/<instance_ID>/j2ee/configtool/configtool.sh on unix.

Then select cluster-data->instance_ID...->server_ID...

Add or modify the following lines:

-XX:PermSize=64m

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

In addition, the following values are recommeded:

-Xms192m

-XX:NewSize=32m

-XX:MaxNewSize=64m

-XX:NewRatio=3

The values mentioned above are for developer editions with 1 GB main memory. The note 552522 contains instructions for other configurations.

For applications other than Enterprise portal usually a smaller value for -XX:MaxPermSize and -XX:PermSize parameters is sufficient. The recommendation is to set -XX:MaxPermSize=128M and -XX:PermSize=128M.

Check this SAP Support Notes also.

"0000787221" OutOfMemoryError in the Adapter Framework

"0000696410" Java VM settings for EP6 on J2EE 6.20

"0000693662" OutOfMemoryError using a Web Dynpro Application

Regrads,

Mithu