cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly once

Former Member
0 Kudos

EO (Exactly Once): Means

The message is sent asynchronously. The sender does not wait for a response. The Integration Engine and the Adapter Engine guarantee that the message is sent and processed exactly once.

Is there any situation where processing takes place more than once ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>The Integration Engine and the Adapter Engine guarantee that the message is sent and processed exactly once.</i>

There is just a slight subteltly when you inter[ret this statement.

1. What happens if the target system is down? Should nt the message be sent again from XI . In most cases it is expected that the message is to be sent Automatically.

Exactly Once and EOIO both ensure Guaranteed Deliver, i.e, the message are persisted in XI and so irrespective of whethr the target system is up and running the message will be sent to the target "Exactly once" and XI will have the capability to rsend the message to the target in case the target is down.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi palnati

Happy to know that your query has been answered. Just have a look at this blog. It is worth for understanding the concept very well

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In any of the cases the message will not be sent more than once.

Exactly once(EO) means the message will be sent once. If the target system is down the message will be sent later when the connection is up. Same as T-RFC.

Exactly once in order(EOIO) means the messages will be sent from XI in the order in which messages are received. In EO the order is not quaranted. Same as Q-RFC

Cheers,

Sumit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>The message is sent asynchronously. The sender does not wait for a response. The Integration Engine and the Adapter Engine guarantee that the message is sent and processed exactly once.</i>

Correct

<i>Is there any situation where processing takes place more than once ??</i>

If everything is configured properly, then NO. EO is a QOS which is an inherent property of an Adapter. So XI adapters would follow it whenever mentioned. It might be possible that when u develop ur own adapter u have not done the configurations properly and that time EO is not behaving properly

Regards,

Prateek