cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any one has done idoc multiple receiver wihtout BPM.

i referred the blog which has step by step process but didn work out.

does any has done it.

after importing the idoc i exported the xsd and included maxOccurs = unbounded and imported the IDOC XSD

after completion of scenario it doesnt work.

anyone has done this before

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which blog you are referring to Jeff. If you are talking about michals blog below I dont have any problem. I have done some 5 interfaces with the help of his blog only. So kindly please check where you are having the issue so that somebody can help you:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , its the same .

could you pls tel me about IDOC mapping.

and adapter specific settings.

i believe i may eb wring there

jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Nothing has mentioned about IDOC mapping in that weblog. Neither the adapter specific settings?

Do you want to know just for knowlege purpose then check this documents on this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38d5ecd...

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Also there is no IDoc mapping. It is just the normal mapping. Adapter specific message attributes are used to have the filename same as the source or directory. Check the above welbogs.

Also please dont mix one question with another in the same thread.

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Even I followed the same weblog as sathish mentioned and did successfully, may I know what sort of error u r getting?

Best regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff ,

A few issues commonly faced when dealin with Idoc Packaging,

1. Never create a Inbound Message Interface for the idoc referring to the XSD.

2. In the Message Mapping, make sure that the XSD is the target message type.

3. In the interface mapping, the Idoc shold be the inbound interface and while trying to select the message mapping make the target message type as ANY, and selct the mapping.

4. Interface determination should use the Idoc as the inbound interface.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never create inbound messge interface to IDOC XSD.

then how to import back the IDOC XSD?

advice

Jeff

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Consider the below example and apply the same see I want to map my source to target IDOC(MATMAS.MATMAS05)

<b>Step1</b>: As you know export the IDOC XSD, make the changes and import it again as External Definition.

<b>Step2</b>: While creating Message mapping the target message must be your external definition.

<b>Step3</b>: While creating Interface mapping the target message must be your actual IDOC(MATMAS.MATMAS05) not the external definition.

<b>Step4</b>: While choosing mapping program in Interface mapping you won't find the Mapping program, because you have defined External definition IDOC as your target message.Hence while choosing mapping program in the top of the screen you can see source and target message for search criteria. In target message select any and choose the mapping defined.

Hope this helps!!!

If not reply back.

Best regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the XSD as the target message type in your Message Mapping.

The Inbound Interface will continue to be the IDoc.

Read my previous reply and give things a shot. They will be clear.

Regards

Bhavesh