cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

context level

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>To set the context level which you want, just select the source node, right-click it, select the context, then select the node to which you want to change the context level..........

Suppose I have 3 nodes and third node has again sub-node. Is it possible to change the context of this sub-node from 3 node to first node ?? At first instance I was able to do that .........but later if I change the context of 3 rd node then the sub-nodes context is changing. So it seems 3rd node has always control on its sub-node.

any comments are appreciated ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I change the context of 3 rd node then the sub-nodes context is changing. </i>

See if you set the context level to 3rd node then the sub- node context is bound to change because your 3rd node has sub nodes .So if you want to have context of 1st node then while selecting the context ( right click on source and select the first node as a context) it will give you the context for first node .

Refer following blogs ,

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/04/17/replication-of-nodes-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Award pts if it helps .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>So it seems 3rd node has always control on its sub-node.

I dont think it is true. I just checked

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I am not getting what you are trying to do? But check this weblog where sravya have clearly expalained with some examples for the context functions:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

Also check this for some more examples on context funcitons:

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/04/23/introduction-to-context-handling-in-message-mapping

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/08/mapping-context-changes-in-xi

---Satish