cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing scripi on both side of paper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to print script on both side of paper.

my observations.

the output device they are using it prints report on both side of paper.

in script , processing mode selected D and i am printing dunning letters.

in main program used NEW-PAGE. that should not make any difference.

let me know from script side what i have to do and also from my device type what else i have to check.

urgent

Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopalkrishna,

While creating pages, under pages option you can find PRINT MODE option. just choose that option and click F4 then it gives list of all possible print modes. Among those list you have to choose D (it prints the new page in DUPLEX mode means both sides).......... Reward me if helpful........

Thanks & Regards.

Laxman.P

B'lore.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to print on both sid eof paper.

Thanks to both of you.

Regards

gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We can print both sides of the paper

<b>You switch to duplex or tumble duplex mode with a form page for which one of these modes is specified. To continue printing in the current mode, for follow-on pages you must define another page in which the Print mode field is empty. Otherwise, the following pages after the mode switch will continue to be printed only on the front sides of new sheets of paper.

The reason: When SAPscript sends a page with Print mode D or T to the printer, it not only sets the print mode accordingly. To ensure that the first page in the new mode is correctly output, SAPscript also instructs the printer to output the page on the front side of a sheet. If SAPscript sends a sequence of D or T pages to the printer, the output is printed only on the front side of each sheet.

You define a first page named FIRST for a form to be printed in duplex mode. You therefore set the Print mode in FIRST to D.

To make the duplex printing work correctly, you must define a second page FOLLOWER in which Print mode is left empty. In the form definition, you specify FOLLOWER as the follow-on page for FIRST and for itself as well.

Your text is then printed in duplex mode. FIRST switches the printer to duplex mode and forces printing of the first page on the front side of a new sheet. FOLLOWER accepts the duplex mode and sends no further mode print controls to the printer. The printer therefore alternately prints FOLLOWER pages on the fronts and backs of sheets.</b>

The print controls that must be defined for a device type depend upon the SAPscript printer driver that is to be used with the device type.

set the followint print control.

<b>SPMDU</b>

Begin duplex printing (both sides of paper). (Needed only if supported by device.)

<u><b>follow this link it will help.</b></u>

http://solutions.brother.com/Library/pdf/SAP_install_latest.pdf

http://wiki.ittoolbox.com/index.php/HOWTO:Sap_script

regards,

AshokReddy.

Message was edited by:

Ashok Reddy