Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Authority object Activity / Group S_TABU_DIS 02/SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a few doubts about the authorization Grp / objects / act

Now i am facing this specific problem to Table Maintenance.

When we go into table maintenance of a table...

Enviorment - Modifictaion - Events

Now i dont have access to this path:-

When i run SU53 it says no access to S_TABU_DIS 02/SS

When i ask for access to this the security team says that if we give this access to someone it will open the client for that person to edit. (I really dont know what this means) any ideas ?

Now what i wanna know here is is this the only Auth group that is attached to this path, is there some other kind of authorization that can enable me to do what i want to ?

For table maintenance it shows Authorization Object as S_TABU_DIS.

Can we actually change that ?

Any help will be appreicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Are you trying to make the changes in development system or in production.In case it is development then this authorization can be given and the question of client being open would not come up.

You can not make such changes in production system.For that not only client but also the system may have to be opened up.

Regards.

Ruchit.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Are you trying to make the changes in development system or in production.In case it is development then this authorization can be given and the question of client being open would not come up.

You can not make such changes in production system.For that not only client but also the system may have to be opened up.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

I am doing this in development....amd then will have this transported ahead...

So effectively this should not open up the client in Development...

So its safe to have this in development..?

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yes it is safe.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit .. I take your word for it ..

Now i will take a go at the security team here

0 Kudos

The reason why your security admin does not agree to give you this authorization:

Table auth group SS in general would have the table T000 (Client modifications, same as SCC4). You would end up getting change (02) to this table and many other system admin / security tables. This is a NO NO NO.... in any environment except from the security and admin team.

0 Kudos

Thanks for this... it was insightful