cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with "Mapping Program not Found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We exported all of our XI development from DEV and imported it to Prod. We have not changed anything at all. Now, even though I have authority I can't go into EDIT mode in Prod.

The main problem is that even though everything imported into Prod without error, when we run our program we are getting the following error:

<b>="MAPPING">NO_MAPPINGPROGRAM_FOUND </b>

What could have changed and were do I start to look?

Thanks in advance, will reward points.

Mike Curtis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

do u have any external mappings?like java ,or ABAP or XSLt mapping in ur scenarios?

if u do,then u have to import them too under imported archives

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, we do have some external mappings using Web Services. I did not set this up, how would I import them again? And how can I get XI setup to allow me to edit? I was able to get in this morning and how it is grayed out so I can't get into it.

Thanks!

Mike

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Double click on the SWCV , in the right frame, scroll down and check whether the object attributes are checked. If its unchecked , then check it and save, I think now you can edit.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u double click the SWCV,it will diaplay a page on the sright ide.over there u can check the box which says that objects are modifiable(i dont exactly remember the wording but u will see that check box).

once that is checked,you should be able to import ur mappings(import the mapping in the same way as u did in Dev)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was mistaken, the mappings aren't external, but we have imported WSDL's and XSD's to use in our mappings. When we imported into production it looks like all of these came across with it. I still am not understanding why I am getting the message that it can not find a Mapping Program?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

test ur interface mappin,if u have a message mapping there or not,also in interface determination,see if u have the mapping

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

You dont need to externally import XSD's and WSDL's. If you import the whole software component or the whole namespace then they will come automatically.

Check in message mappings whether you can see the mappings or not? I think you might have exported object by object not the whole SWCV. If it is yes then you also import the message mapping. Also check in your change list whether there are any objects. If yes please activate them.

By the way you dont see only the one message mapping you are tyring to check or all of them? Dont edit anything in production. Its not good. So dont enable the edit button as other threads reply.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, we imported the whole software component, not just objects. That is why I am confused as to why it can not find a mapping program. We have cleared all of the caches, I have checked all of the message mappings and they are all there and there is nothing in the activation list. Is there anywhere else I can look to see why it can't find the Mapping Program?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Just try once again importing this message mapping only from QA (Since you said you have all the objects except this). Also please test other interface mappings also just to make sure other messag mappings are present.

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks for <b>informing</b> that we should not select objects as edit in PROD systems. Even I too know satish that we should not enable edit mode in PROD system.

<b><i> As you said please don't change to edit mode in other replies</i></b>, I kindly request you to read the request from Michael, since he asked to know how to edit the objects, I replied.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

My intention is if he changes or edits in production then there would be the consistency problem as you know. Even though he asks as you know we should suggest him not to do this. But the last call would be his only.

Anyway dont mind for it. My intention is not to point out.

Cheers,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, we re-imported the Mappings and the interface mappings from QA and we are still getting the same error. We also refreshed the cache and that didn't help either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I feel there are some inconsistencies going on. Have you deleted anything in IR of PROD by mistake? Is this only with one interface you are having problem or with all the interfaces?

If this is the only one interface you are having problem then give a last try by importing the whole software component and check.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, when we moved to Prod, we made sure not to delete anything. This is the only interface we are having problems with. I will see if they want to re-import everything again, but when I mentioned it last time they were hesitant because we have other people using it and anytime we import anything it kills our cache.

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

are you transporting using file or CMS?

have you activated the imported objects in the prod system?

Could it be a cache notification problem, you can check it from IR (or ID) from the menu.

In case there are some cache errors try reprocessing failing cache messages.

Kind Regards,

Sergio