cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of e mail system in ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup (from BASIS point of view) e mail system , can any one give me the steps and whats the procedure and what are the pre-reqs. If we did e mail configuration is this only for sending out mails from SAP sytem to any mail id (gmail or yahoo ) or is it only restricted to company domain @company.com,

for doing this setup you need a domain or what do you need....can any one explain me clerly.......

thanx..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can send to any email. Here is a blog for setting it all up. I believe that this is all the same in ECC 5.0

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-higher--bcs-interface

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heilman,

Thanx, It was very help full for me. I have some questions, when i was doing set up i was unable to give " address areas is set to the wildcard '' " its not allowing me to put '' , what i have to do ..? and one more thing i dont have a company domain, Can i give like (gmail.com & yahoo.com)..is this works at mail host coloumn...? i am unable to connect & send messages ...plz help me